Like Tree2Likes

2004 37

Old 10-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 2018 Princecraft Tritoon w/300 VRod

Never had a delay or any other issue using Amsoil and have been using it now for many years. I use the Amsoil Marine gear lube not the Severe Gear. George at AADS told me he moved away from Severe Gear awhile back as something changed in the formula and he was seeing cone clutch issues using it.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2009 Baja 26 Outlaw

I have heard the Merc HP oil level goes down during the season and requires topping off the reservoirs I assume due to heat. Do you see the same with the Amsoil?
Old 10-06-2018, 12:28 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

My Boat: .......32............. ............Active Thunder....

Gear lube level will not change unless it is leaking out or unless there were air pockets. Brand does not matter.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Registered

Anyone ever remove the top of their waste tank where all the hoses connect? Long story short the tank will barely pump out and the vent is pulling air in immediately with the tank visually full, seems to me the dip tube has broke/fell off. Thought it may have rusted away but the whole tank looks like plastic so I doubt the tube is metal. I see three Phillip's head screws but not sure if this is all that holds it on.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Registered

Hey guys I am in the middle of replacing the Lonseal vinyl flooring in the boat and found rotted wood under the bench seat in the gas tank inspection hatch opening. Looks like plywood floor that is glassed top and bottom but the edge toward the transom was raw wood and rotted the 3 or so inches towards the transom. I dug it out to the good wood left on either side but is there any other place on these boats I should be looking at the potential for this? Cabin compartments possibly? Thanks