Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Extreme Measures... Make Over Edition >

Extreme Measures... Make Over Edition

Notices

Extreme Measures... Make Over Edition

Old 04-26-2021, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 506 Likes on 245 Posts

Spent the weekend on the dyno programming the Holley HP EFI for my 454's.
This a graph of dyno headers w/ mufflers no flame arrestor vs CMI E-Tops and flame arrestor.
.~577HP 515TQ vs 562HP 509TQ

Last edited by Rookie; 04-26-2021 at 11:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rookie:
payuppsucker (04-26-2021), SC288 (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 11:28 PM
Registered

Made it out to the boat for a bit tonight. Installed new steering fittings and new stainless hoses.
Also solved the problem I had earlier of not being able to reach the nuts on the back of the upholstery inside the freeboard.

The following users liked this post:
Griff (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 03:40 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 27 Posts

The stainless hoses look very nice on there and I did the same thing with the speaker hole myself. There was no way I could reach that nut up front on the panel stud. I bought new steering hose and chrome plated brass fittings for my steering as well. Also sent my brass 90's to the plating shop and had them chromed. They were super inexpensive @ $4.00 each to plate, because they can run them with other jobs. I you ever want anything like that done let me know. and I will put you in contact.
The following users liked this post:
Rookie (04-27-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bencini231 View Post
The stainless hoses look very nice on there and I did the same thing with the speaker hole myself. There was no way I could reach that nut up front on the panel stud. I bought new steering hose and chrome plated brass fittings for my steering as well. Also sent my brass 90's to the plating shop and had them chromed. They were super inexpensive @ $4.00 each to plate, because they can run them with other jobs. I you ever want anything like that done let me know. and I will put you in contact.
I'd love to get chrome on there, but I might not even have enough time to get my throttles redone. Once summer is here I might lose interest and just break out the Panther. lol
Old 04-28-2021, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 27 Posts

It's funny you mention throttles... I had my throttle base plate and knobs refinished and I polished out the chrome handles. Finally got around to assembling them and saw the new billet Livorsi cant forward controls and ended up ordering them. Mine sold within a few hours and brought almost what cost is on new ones.