Flying into Havasu to check on my baby >

Flying into Havasu to check on my baby

Notices

Flying into Havasu to check on my baby

Old 12-06-2001, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey John & Rob,
I totaly agree on the Advantage advertising layout. They build such great boats with some cool color schemes, but the magazine ads & handouts show styles from the 80's......Don't get me wrong, I loved the 80's, but not on a cool boat.

What's up with the color-spot-swoosh-design on the ad for the 27' Victory ???? Everytime I see that ad in Powerboat or Hot Boat, I want to scream !!! I'm not saying they should put MY boat in the ad, but they have done so many better looking boats lately !!!! Plus my kids are better looking (hahahaha)

John.....Let me know when you "really" think you will be in Havasu to launch your baby. I really want to see it before it goes. I will throw my boat in the water and take some digital shots of it action !!!! I only live 301 miles away from Havasu !!!!!

Have a great week guy's.......

Old 12-06-2001, 03:38 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Gotta love that New 30' you posted.
I know the boat personally and it is a great asset to have here in MN.
I believe his wife drawn up the design and colors, it is even better looking going across the water
If anyone one you know is interested, let me know, I can pass you on to the owner dirrectly.
He has a great boat,I would buy it in a heartbeat. But cannot afford to Advantages
Old 12-06-2001, 02:31 PM
Registered

Chris,

Heads up. Just got done talking to Pat Kuntz the painter and looks like it's going to be more like 3-4 weeks from here. So I re-arranged my schedule to go back to Havasu. I'll be there on the weekend of Jan. 5 to take the boat out with Bob for a maiden spin.
Coincidentally, Advantage is hosting a large open house that weekend (they're bringing in their CA sales guys) where they will have reps from several companies like IMCO, etc. If the boat is ready -it will be-, it should be out on display for part of that weekend. Best regards--- John

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: gjockey ]
Old 12-07-2001, 12:23 AM
Registered

Thank's John,
I will talk to the boss and see if she'll let us go......I am going to be in Tampa about the second week of January for about two weeks. How far is it down to Miami ?? About 250 miles or so ??? 3.5 to 4.0 hours driving ??? Maybe I could drive or fly down and see the boat if I can't make Havasu !! Sorry you gotta wait, but it will be worth it !!!!! Talk to you soon.........
Old 12-07-2001, 01:38 AM
Registered

Chris,

Keep in touch. From Tampa, it sounds like one hell of a drive to Miami. Hopefully, we can link up in Havasu that weekend of the fifth. I don't mind waiting for the boat... I like it when Pat says he wants to spend alot more time on the boat as opposed to "don't worry John, it won't take more than fifty minutes" . Also, it'll give me a chance to talk to the IMCO guys that weekend and see what they got cookin for the XR drives. I don't think I'll be able to pass on Whippling those 496 H.O.'s ... hopefully Whipple will have those units in production soon and maybe in half a year or so I'll stick them in. Wonder what circa 1300 HP and 1400 lb/ft of torque can do pushing that stepped hull Best regards---- John
Old 12-09-2001, 09:05 AM
FWK

John the last we talked you were going to wait at least a year for the whipples. Now you don't have the boat finished and "I don't think I 'll be able to pass on whippling those 496 ho's" Maybe in a half a year. You have definitely been bitten by the bug. Talk to you this week, Forrest

Old 12-09-2001, 06:04 PM
Registered

Hi Forrest,

You know how it goes, give me 2 months with the boat and I'll be PMing Dustin asking him when those Whipples are going to be ready for the 496 H.O.s LOL . Seems like they've been in the "coming soon" category for a while. Can't blame them though, I think those 496 H.O. motors have been getting recalled for this and that so adding a supercharger at this time would be ill advised.--- Best Regards, John

P.S. You following that XM Radio stuff?.. seems perfect for the marine environment... no skipping, great digital reception all over. Seriously thinking about working one of those Sony units into my radio head unit -The JVC deck has an aux. input jack on the front- May need to get in touch with you later on that
Old 12-09-2001, 08:21 PM
FWK

Maybe you should change to hp500's then you could use dustins new quad rotors. Just trying to help you spend your money. Let me know on the radio We could also do a dual source to the amps I would have to do some research but it would be possible. Forrest

Old 12-09-2001, 11:40 PM
Registered

Hey John,
Had a good chat with Forrest on the phone today regarding a TUNE upgrade.

I am going to FedEx him a disk of JPG's and see what he can come up with. On the way to Las Vegas tomorrow.....Luckey I'm not a gambler, as I would spend the money I'm going to give Forrest !!!

Well......Can't make it to Havasu the week of Jan 5th, as I forgot my wife is getting "New Breasts" that Friday !!!!

So....I'm going to have to try and see the 32 in Florida.

Well......Got to finish trimming the tree and get the 3yr old to bed.....Have a good week.

And......Thank's again Forrest !!!!!!

Regards.......

Old 12-09-2001, 11:45 PM
FWK

Hi Chris have a safe trip. It was nice talking to you, Forrest

Quick Reply: Flying into Havasu to check on my baby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.