Why Advantage? >

Why Advantage?

Notices

Why Advantage?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Why Advantage?

I am plotting my first performance boat purchase and so far I think Advantage is leading. I'm thinking I want a 28 open bow.

I'm curious, why do you guys think Advantage is the perfect boat for you?
Old 03-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
I am plotting my first performance boat purchase and so far I think Advantage is leading. I'm thinking I want a 28 open bow.

I'm curious, why do you guys think Advantage is the perfect boat for you?
I have two. 28 Victory BR and a 34 Offshore. The 28 is great boat for just about anything. The cockpit with the center console is pretty cool and the storage is second to none. The 28 also has good size mid cabin and a nice size bow area. The wide beam seems to make the boat feel bigger than it is. I run the original 575 SCI and the thing screams. Advantage's gel coat work is also a plus. very nice boat!!
Old 03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my 32 Victory because it was one of the few boats I found with as much cockpit space and 4 stand up bolsters. I like the lines and layout as well. The folks at Advantage Boats are the great too!!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered

We love our 30 Victory! We started buying a 28 but didn't like the cockpit layout with the divider at the front seat. So we went bigger and are very happy! If you don't want the 30 look hard at the 27, we know a few folks who have them and they run very well. Storage is good on both. We boat in the lake mostly, but a trip to Catalina from time to time happens. Never have to worry about the conditions (I have had the 30 in 12ft seas coming back from Catalina). Just remember, Bob Sepulveda is a salesman and will sell you (his) party line.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have a 30 also. I know several guys with Advantages. They all had told me how well like liked theirs. So thats what help me make up my mind on what I was going to get. I am more than happy with mine. Its a great all around boat and fits my needs perfectly. Like LHC said, look at the 27 if your not set on the 28. They have alot of room, none wasted.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

I have a 32 with twin 496HO's runs 75 in Havasu in summer and best of 81 in winter, these are great numbers for a 32 foot open/mid boat with 496HO's. Advantage makes great boats and very good gelcoat. Frank
Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Yeah, I have found that the 32's actually run better with same power than the 30's for some strange reason. They also handle a little better. I think they dialed the 32 in for racing when they were into that, then cut the hull down to make the 30 and didn't get it "as right."
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered

If I remember correctly the 30 has a little hook in the hull to help keep the nose down for the ride, this is what slows it down, the 32 doesnt have the hook, the center of gravity is moved forward thus the 2nd row of bolsters, this is what flattens it out. Also these are the reasons neither requre tabs. I have had both the 32 and the 27 both were great boats, I would recomend them to anyone. You cant go wrong with either, also the factory support was phenominal.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

What are the criticisms of Advantage boats?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

My biggest one was the fact the decks on the open bow and closed bow were the same, and because of this the deck port hole was sunkin down and when they cut the open bow this causes a funnel effect if you ever get caught in the rain, the water will funnel under the open bow and into the cabin, there isnt any drains so it would have to be vacumed out more of a pain than anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.