Notices

Looking to buy!!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboss View Post
Ran-Dom32

I went to look at Phil's boat on Sunday. Although advertised as excellent condition the boat is a fixer upper. Engine bay was covered in oil. Parts missing from the motors. Trim indicators hanging off the drives. Every seat is cracked or torn. The cuddy headliner was hanging down. The gauges and switches are all faded and ruined. There is holes in the gelcoat right through to fibreglass. Although I don't have top dollar to spend I'm not looking for something that is too far gone to bring back. Phil's pictures were taken in 2010. He told me it was very clean. I drove 7 hours to look at a nightmare so I'm still looking!
[QUOTE=bigboss;3793553]Ran-Dom32

I've been on Phil's boat many times, & It is a clean boat, that runs strong, (I used to own a 31 Awesome... that was a project boat!) Too far gone? wow, WTF, I've yet to see a PERFECT used boat, they always need something, if you think a couple cables & some interior work is to far gone, you should find a new hobby..
FYI the oil in the bilge is called splatter paint

Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Hello Im looking to buy an American Offshore 3100 or an Awesome cat 31. Let me know whats for sale or what you have. Would like to spend under $60000.
You are letting the current economic condition guide you in your boat search.

Not here to defend Phil, or any current/former AO, Awesome or Chris Cat owner. Simply put, the price Phil is asking for his boat is very fair and correct.

Being in the top 3 of rebuilding/upgrading a 31 cat, I know amout of time and money (please no wise cracks on the time element guys-------) required.

These 31 cat's are unique in the fact that they handle big water, offer a great ride in various water conditions, have a small useable cabin, stern or OB power, length/weight/8'6" beam offers easy trailering, good exterior appearance. Making them a great all around performance boat.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
CNC
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454 View Post
You are letting the current economic condition guide you in your boat search.

Not here to defend Phil, or any current/former AO, Awesome or Chris Cat owner. Simply put, the price Phil is asking for his boat is very fair and correct.

Being in the top 3 of rebuilding/upgrading a 31 cat, I know amout of time and money (please no wise cracks on the time element guys-------) required.

These 31 cat's are unique in the fact that they handle big water, offer a great ride in various water conditions, have a small useable cabin, stern or OB power, length/weight/8'6" beam offers easy trailering, good exterior appearance. Making them a great all around performance boat.
Excellent description...I love mine. For a smaller cat it handles Lake Michigan great.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CNC View Post
Excellent description...I love mine. For a smaller cat it handles Lake Michigan great.
And forgot to list in the "can do" section, these 31 cat's can handle some big power. And I do mean BIG Bigboss.

Just ask Randy (CNC) about his power providers. Those #5 speedies are on his transom for a big reason.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

I have done a bunch of searching on here and like everything about the A.Os and Awesomes. I guess I used the wrong term by saying too far gone. Anything can be brought back, it's all about the time and money. I just don't want to spend 60000k on a boat and put 10000-15000k into it to bring it to average condition, I would be smarter to find a clean, solid boat and spend a little more off the bat, besides I want to spend all of this time cruising on the water. It's just discouraging to waste 14 hours of driving. Lesson learned.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Cool

I have done a bunch of searching on here and like everything about the A.Os and Awesomes. I guess I used the wrong term by saying too far gone. Anything can be brought back, it's all about the time and money. I just don't want to spend 60000k on a boat and put 10000-15000k into it to bring it to average condition, I would be smarter to find a clean, solid boat and spend a little more off the bat, besides I want to spend all of this time cruising on the water. It's just discouraging to waste 14 hours of driving. Lesson learned.
10-15K to bring it back to average condition????????????? it is much better than average condition already.............

the boat does not need 10-15k worth of work ......... fix the trim cables, reset the head liner and upgrade the swithces. All this can be done for under $900 very easily. I think that for the agreed price we had you would have had a solid good looking boat under your budget even after fixing it.

the fact that you wasted 14 hours of your dads & your own time is because you didnt take the time to think logically about what the cost were to fix these small items.

when you look at the $$ I spent on the paint, motors and drives (which you confirmed by calling the performance shop that did the work) it is a mechanically sound boat at a good price.

after describing my boat as a flower pot I wish you nothing but the worst of luck finding your new boat. Maybe you will blow a motor and have to sell more chattels from your house to get it repaired.

some flags should have been raised when you told me your were selling your furniture and stereo to come up with the money.

have a nice day

Last edited by phil_p999; 10-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Registered

It seems every time you open your mouth Phil there is a lie or misleading statement. Don't be mad at me because I wasn't blinded by your bull****. Good luck with selling your boat and good luck with your new family. Now, give the arguing up and go dump a litre of oil in that boat and take her for a spin before winter gets here.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered
VIP Member

It seems every time you open your mouth Phil there is a lie or misleading statement. Don't be mad at me because I wasn't blinded by your bull****. Good luck with selling your boat and good luck with your new family. Now, give the arguing up and go dump a litre of oil in that boat and take her for a spin before winter gets here.
Stuart, I am just stating true facts here. I am not mad that you didn't buy my boat. I am mad that you would come on here and trash my boat when it is much better then you are describing it to be............
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Phillp999 is there pics your boat somewhere ?

One year now with my Chris Cat. Pick up the
Boat at other country. We drive to look the
boat before pick up it tooks 1400miles.
So happy with it
we have been our issues
with it.
that is what you allways get when you buy
used/old its part of story.
But those are nothing for what that package has
give allready
Old 10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Registered

Nice lookin AO - - Mitcher T paint is killer, and probably wasn't cheap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.