Looking to buy!!!! >

Looking to buy!!!!

Notices

Looking to buy!!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the compliments. And yes while this tread is about the quality of my boat now, I will just post some pic's.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by shootitup
Phillp999 is there pics your boat somewhere ?

One year now with my Chris Cat. Pick up the
Boat at other country. We drive to look the
boat before pick up it tooks 1400miles.
So happy with it
we have been our issues
with it.
that is what you allways get when you buy
used/old its part of story.
But those are nothing for what that package has
give allready
recent pictures
Attached Thumbnails Looking to buy!!!!-4.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-5.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-10-2-.jpg  

Looking to buy!!!!-10-3-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-10-4-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-11-3-.jpg  

Looking to buy!!!!-11-5-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-11-1-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-11-2-.jpg  

Looking to buy!!!!-13-4-.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

more pictures (there are 2 small scratches from rafting off)
one more thing I would do is have some vynil paint done where the cresting/embroidery is. The thread is coming apart.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to buy!!!!-12-3-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-12-4-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-photo-1.jpg  

Looking to buy!!!!-13-1-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-1.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-3.jpg  

Looking to buy!!!!-12-1-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-12-5-.jpg   Looking to buy!!!!-13-2-.jpg  

Looking to buy!!!!-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by phil_p999; 10-12-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

That is real nice, If I didn't already have one I'd buy it. Boy that sure a lot oil slung all around the engine compartment.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

It is clear that Bigboss does not know high performance boats and their values. Here are three BIG high points.

1) New Mitch Tolan paint design/paintwork.
2) IMCO extension boxes on Merc Bravo XR's
3) Merc Racing HP525 motors
These are all high end sought after items for an HP boat.

Com'on. All of the items you mentioned are just nitt pick things. Gauges may be an exception. However, if that bad in your eyes, a full set from Livorsi would not go over 2500. So for 62,500 and some TLC, you have a great ride for next summer. Jezzzz.
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
It is clear that Bigboss does not know high performance boats and their values. Here are three BIG high points.

1) New Mitch Tolan paint design/paintwork.
2) IMCO extension boxes on Merc Bravo XR's
3) Merc Racing HP525 motors
These are all high end sought after items for an HP boat.

Com'on. All of the items you mentioned are just nitt pick things. Gauges may be an exception. However, if that bad in your eyes, a full set from Livorsi would not go over 2500. So for 62,500 and some TLC, you have a great ride for next summer. Jezzzz.

Are you sure I'm the one that does not know high performance boats. Phil's boat has stellings extension boxes on stock Bravo 1s, and they are 500efi's. FAIL!

If Phil's boat looked like it does in these pictures it would be in my driveway. The pictures of the engine bay and drives are 2 years old. The cosmetic paint is not the oil I'm talking about. The bilge has oil EVERYWHERE and the whole boat smelt like gas probably due to the dreaded A.O fuel tank problem. This boat would make a great project for you guys that like working on your boats instead of driving them ( I have friends like that too) I know every boat will need attention but you have to draw the line somewhere. I went today to look at an older boat (1997 slingshot 388) and It was in amazing condition inside and out. It wasn't hard to tell it was looked after and maintained correctly. If all goes well with the test drive Sunday it will be my new boat.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phil_p999
recent pictures

Cool boat, thanks for the pics its allways nice to
See pics of these cats

Just sold wifeys car out of new one.
The engine room was clean and buyer
say hmm.. so that engine room are hard washed...
Like there are some failures..

So it looks that its never good.
But at the end the guy bought the car and
in price what we asked.
so maybe clean is better ..
Old 10-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboss
Are you sure I'm the one that does not know high performance boats. Phil's boat has stellings extension boxes on stock Bravo 1s, and they are 500efi's. FAIL!
From the pics Phil posted (and not closely viewed on my part), it was purely my assumption that he had a pair of HP525's. And with that, most are mated up to the XR's. That also applies to the extension boxes. Since both IMCO and Stellings are 12" boxes, visually I assumed the IMCO given that IMCO is the majority sold. Closer inspection on my part would have shown the inspection plate differences.

My only fail here is thinking that you deserve to be owning a cat Mr. 14 poster. I have forgotten more then you will ever know about these cats and the equipment in them.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

I just stumbled on this thread and I have to say that I found it both amusing and sad.
I can't believe all the posts bashing Bigboss for not spending his money on a boat that he feels needs more work than he is willing to do. It said somewhere that he had to sell his stereo to even come up with enough cash to make the purchase, so perhaps his funds are limited, therefore he was looking for a turn key boat. Seems reasonable to me.
I guess he could of just kept the faults he found with the boat to himself. Maybe he just calls a spade a spade or the fact that he apparently made a very long trip, only to find a boat not as described pissed him off a little?
Anyway, I wish both parties good luck. Phill p999 I hope you sell your boat and Bigboss I hope to find the straight boat your looking for. After all, if you have the cash in this economy, you have the upper hand. Watch for flags, like old pictures, vague pictures from a distance, poor description, no service records or bills for work done,etc. I personally travelled many miles and viewed a lot of neglected crafts before I found my current boat, so I can sympathize. Don't give up, they are out there!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by paulmw
I just stumbled on this thread and I have to say that I found it both amusing and sad.
I can't believe all the posts bashing Bigboss for not spending his money on a boat that he feels needs more work than he is willing to do. It said somewhere that he had to sell his stereo to even come up with enough cash to make the purchase, so perhaps his funds are limited, therefore he was looking for a turn key boat. Seems reasonable to me.
I guess he could of just kept the faults he found with the boat to himself. Maybe he just calls a spade a spade or the fact that he apparently made a very long trip, only to find a boat not as described pissed him off a little?
Anyway, I wish both parties good luck. Phill p999 I hope you sell your boat and Bigboss I hope to find the straight boat your looking for. After all, if you have the cash in this economy, you have the upper hand. Watch for flags, like old pictures, vague pictures from a distance, poor description, no service records or bills for work done,etc. I personally travelled many miles and viewed a lot of neglected crafts before I found my current boat, so I can sympathize. Don't give up, they are out there!

Paul you bring to this thread some valid points. My issue with Bigboss is:
1) his attempt to devalue the boat in question without considering all of the equipment installed
2) his public slapping of the owner of the boat

Post #8 is over the top. I will add to your well placed post this. If you have a difference of opinion relative to a boat you are viewing for possible purchase, keep it between the owner and yourself. Look at it from the opposite view point. Someday Bigboss might be selling a 388 Hustler. Would he appreciate someone who has viewed his boat coming on a boat website and bashing "his" boat and killing possible potential buyers? Think not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.