Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
41 Apache Warrior >

41 Apache Warrior

Notices

41 Apache Warrior

Old 02-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how much salt had to get on to that fuel pump to make it look bad????

I need some more stories from the APACHE WARRIOR!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:08 AM
1CE
Registered

UNC. tose fuel pumps have plenty of nautical miles left on them, clean em- up w/the ol/bead blaster LOL when I 1st looked @ yur heads and the rocker arm assemblies they, looked like the older style T&D shaft mounts, till I looked closer and saw the reg. style push rod guide plates. what heads are those anyways, Darts ? Is that u-driven the OSHA approved engine lift fork truck ? Just kidden, keep up the good work and thanks 4-posting your progress. j-

Last edited by 1CE; 02-17-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

thanks for posting the updated pics! You're really moving along!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

Heres one from the late 80s.We are all in the Waterfront Restaurant Sea Bright NJ one MOTHERS DAY evening and its packed with people .The rest is located maybe .75 miles from Leafs house (both on the Shrewsbury River )=THE WHOLE WAY A strictly enforced NO WAKE ZONE (ALOT OF BOATS MOORED AND DOCKED ECT ).Leaf has the Apache docked in the slip closest to the rest (maybe 10 feet from everyone.)All of us might have been slightly overserved and we are geeking him up.He gets in the boat, pull out of the slip (stern towards the rest )and lets it rip full throttle the entire way home-balls to the wall.The rest owner damn near died (it felt like an earthquake hit the place
Old 02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

ps i am sure the State Police went to his house that night esp since he went by their barracks at 80 mph (all no wake )
Old 02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Nope that is my Dad he is 65 and out works me everyday!! Also just to keep you informed that forklift is way safer then the Blue bird bus engine crane we used to use.

The heads are dart and look fresh but we will no this weekend.

It seems that when I get the Apache Warrior done it needs to go on a run up north to visit some old haunts!!!

Any more tales from the past?

Last edited by UNCLEJOBIN; 02-12-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

The entire time (80s )seems almost surreal now .Every night was a Saturday,everybody had more money and booze than responsibility and common sense.It was just a big boat party on the Jersey Shore(Do any of the above stated incidents have a legal statue of limitations -time wise.)
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by UNCLEJOBIN
It seems that when I get the Apache Warrior done it needs to go on a run up north to visit some old haunts!!!

that would be great! we could all go for a run on the ocean and play in some swells. Then kick back a few cold ones while some of the guys share some stories we can't list online!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

I think the statute of limitations is 7 er 10 years.................so some more stories would be sweet

On Texoma you can actually run from the state police boats. Believe it or not the border is on the lake and they actually do follow it so you can outrun their jurisdiction. The coast gaurd on the other hand is a different story. You can see it real good at night when the TX police are looking for boozers at night during a holiday. One day when I uhh..........didn't make it back with the rest of the boat they told me "another 200 yards and you'd of been home safe" and then I bought my first go-fast.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:39 AM
1CE
Registered

Default 91 to-day

Originally Posted by UNCLEJOBIN
Nope that is my Dad he is 65 and out works me everyday!! Also just to keep you informed that forklift is way safer then the Blue bird bus engine crane we used to use.

The heads are dart and look fresh but we will no this weekend.

Hey, thats's just great it looks like he is into his work and play all @ the same time ! I am real lucky too, my Dad just turned 91. Both of my folks were out on my 33 Sutphen last summer, when this other fellow came up beside us, in another 33'. I didn't feel right with them both (my folks) on board pushing her too far. Well anyways he started goin and my Mom says what's wrong, HEESSSSS passing us, I looked @ Dad and he Loooooooooooked @ ME like ----- What the Hellll ! well the seas were reasonably laid down and it was late in the afternoon so here we go like helll bent for election @ just over 80+ when we go by him like that OLD song -------------- HOT_ROD_LINCOLN lickedy split. Well needless to say we look back and he's a try'n to catch us, all to no-avail as this huge puff of white billowing smoke is a-risin from his engine hatch. We slow down and spin around to ck. him out and he tells us that there are a few so-to-speak RODS hang-in out. Hate to say it but it did kinda make their day, the goin fast part of it anyways. UNC good luck & oh yaa my girl, my sister and her sig. other were on board us well !

Last edited by 1CE; 02-17-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.