Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
28 Apache bulkheads >

28 Apache bulkheads

Notices

28 Apache bulkheads

Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

You did some good work on the boat, but IMO a complete restoration includes repowering and taking the deck off.

I have checked behind the dash, I didn't see any rot or structural problems, I'm sorry that you did. I don't mean to F with you, but you coming on here and saying bulkhead damage is common on 28 apache's is BS. Other than this termite damage and the 28 that warpaint wrecked - I've never seen this issue come up. I watched your restoration - you didn't do any major structural work. Chit man you didn't even pull the engines - I have. So I ask again - if you didn't have any bulkhead damage and I didn't have any bulkhead damage then who told you that bulkhead damage is common on 28 apache's? Do you have any facts or first hand experiences to back up your dangerous claim that bulkhead damage is common on 28 apaches?

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 11-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Andy I am not bitter about my old boat at all, it was a learning experience, I enjoyed while I had it and now John can enjoy it!!!!, My boat was restored as much any anyone would have restored my Apache, the damage I was talking about is in the upper faring around the top of the dash, I is not just cracks it goes deeper then that, it was the way they built them, when you get your gel coat fixed then you will see what I am talking about!!! I think most 28 Apache's out thier are beatin older boat, that need lots of money to make right!!! It is cheaper to buy a newer/ running boat, unless you love the old school boats, and like working on them!! I work on crap all day and the last thing I want to do is fix my own boat!!! Hey Andy you need to tone it down alittle with me!! I have been nothing but nice to you, but now I am straring to see why everyone hates you.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Hates a strong word, and a fairing is not a bulkhead. Sorry to of pissed you off, but I think you can see why I was so upset.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I dont see why you would get pissed, all boat have different problems, and older boats have tons of them!!!!, they are expensive to operate, and maintain. In this market it is cheaper to buy a newer running boat if you have the money, I know, I have owned alot more boats then just that Apache, and the hate thng
Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered

I'm pissed because your comment was not true and it implies that the boat has common structural problems. Try selling a boat like that. Yah I know its old and it has old boat problems, but not as bad as you make them out to be. Cracks and all it will still eat up the rough water like nothing else. If you think its cheaper to buy new then you haven't priced a new 28 apache.....or atleast thats what I keep telling myself

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 11-18-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Hates a strong word
Doesn't mean that it was the wrong word.

But I agree about problems not being universal among 28s. Some don't even have crusty butts.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:04 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am not saying the 28 Apache has any hull problems, I am saying thier is a problem with the upper fairing, it had something to do with the way it came out of the mold. Why get pissed about me talking about a boat that is not even your's, that Apache 28 for sale in Miami is way over priced and needs major work, that is my point!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:18 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andy in this market a completely restore 28 Apache, that runs perfect would only bring around 45-70k depending on the year and how it was done, I believe my old 28 Apache when it is done will be one of the nicest out thier!!!! You can buy alot of boat today for that kind of money, they are not going to bring 250k like the one Mark McManus has for sale, no way!!!!, That Apache will never sell for that price and the owner knows that and most likely does not care!!!!, I doubt they need to sell it or the price would reflect that!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

WMF thanks for your info on that boat.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only common problem I have heard of on 28 Apache's is cracked 'knees'. I have seen a couple of them with this problem and a couple without. The ones I have seen with the problem were run hard and had big power. The knees are not structural like the main stringers and are merely there to protect a panel underneath. I was also told it isnt a hard repair by a good fiberglass person.... at least thats what I was told by the person who built these boats.

Andy, your boat doesnt have this problem, at least thats what the surveyor told me who did the boat when you bought it, whom I also used to survey a different 28 Apache.

I posted a couple pics on an old thread of cracked knees.

Not trying to stir the pot but I thought I would add some of my limited knowledge to the discussion.

Last edited by ar15meister; 11-21-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Quick Reply: 28 Apache bulkheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.