28 Apache bulkheads >

28 Apache bulkheads

Notices

28 Apache bulkheads

Old 11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default 28 Apache bulkheads

It doesn't sound right to me, what do you guys think? This 28 Apache I called on has termite damage to the bulkhead, I haven't quite figured out which one yet. He is suppose to send me pics of it. He is telling me that it is not a structural bulkhead. Does the 28 have any bulkheads that do not serve a purpose structurally?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I doubt the anchor locker bulkhead is structural. Not sure of any others. Eric Froberg would know for sure.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

The upper bulkhead of the 28 Apache is made of wood, around the dash and down the lenght of the boat, it is common to have damage to that part of the boat!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

WMF what kind of damage is common on this bulkhead, and how hard is it to replace that one? This guy is telling me that it is only cosmetic not structural. The damage is from termites. Has anybody looked at the 28 in the classifieds at Extreme Marine?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:36 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes I have looked at that boat, it looks like junk, the motors look like they need Serious work, it looks like a money pit, if you can the boat for 5,000 it might be a deal, I dumped 17,000 in fiberglass work into my old Apache 28 and it was in way better cond then that boat!!!!! just go back and check out my restoration thread, it will tell you everything you need to know.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Apache bulkheads-p1000601.jpg   28 Apache bulkheads-p1000600.jpg  
Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
The upper bulkhead of the 28 Apache is made of wood, around the dash and down the lenght of the boat, it is common to have damage to that part of the boat!!
WTF? News to me.............. I didn't see any bulkhead damage on mine or yours and I've never heard of bulkhead damage being a common thing on any apache. Are you referring to gelcoat cracks in the fairing? I don't recall your restoration doing any major work to the bulkheads.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am talking about the upper dash assy, cracks and damage, if you look under your dash it has a wood frame, and the entire bulkhead is made of wood, mine had no bulk head damage, just cracks and some rotted wood.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big boat, be careful and ask around before you waste time and money going to see certain 28's. I hunted for a long time and there are a few here who did also.

Some of them have some issues that cannot be easily fixed and will require extensive and expensive work.

I wasted 2 days gong to see a particular one just to find out it had been crashed and possibly sunk. Owner said it needed some work but was in generally good shape......
Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
I am talking about the upper dash assy, cracks and damage, if you look under your dash it has a wood frame, and the entire bulkhead is made of wood, mine had no bulk head damage, just cracks and some rotted wood.
Those cracks are just the gelcoat in the fiberglass fairing. The dash is that.....a dash. If you didn't have any bulkhead damage then who told you that bulkhead damage is common in a 28 Apache?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:03 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why are F-ing with me Andy, I completely restore my 28 Apache and sold it, I was not thier for most of the fiberglass work, but I know what I am talking about, the dash is made of fiberglass, so is the upper fairing, but behind the dash is all wood, it rots from water, moisture and nature, check behind your dash

Quick Reply: 28 Apache bulkheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.