41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore >

41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Notices

41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
What's up with the "fake Apache" or "knock off" reference? That sounds really tacky, especially since this boat is nicer than MANY of the 41's with an indian painted on it? It's not a kit car.
I think that it's just a figure of speech and not intended as a slam. I agree that it sounds a bit tacky and isn't deserved as it can certainly stand on its own merits.
I say again. " I like it".

....and that's all I have to say about that.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Hey Glass girl can we watch it 1 more time!!! See you this weeknd
Old 06-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

It's as real as any other Apache out there and alot more famous considering this is the 422nd. thread on it.

If you have the same tooling and better lay up it might be better.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponX
It's as real as any other Apache out there and alot more famous considering this is the 422nd. thread on it.

If you have the same tooling and better lay up it might be better.
Wrong attitude for the Apache forum. If it's so famous post about it in the Legend forum. Mark McManus builds Apache, not Legend, so it's not a real Apache. It is the old style mold with a no notch transom & probably a inferior transom angle, among other differences. So it's not the latest and greatest Apache design. Forget about trying to say it is a better layup, McManus Apache Powerboats are proven.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-27-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ctadams21
If there were two Legends made, where is #2 ?
It can be seen in this pic along with Legend #1. It is a knock off of the car-boat! LOL!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-10-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

Why is this boat beeing refered to as A "knock-off" or "Fake Apache"? Is anyone saying it's an Apache?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered

Well to be fair what would you guys refer to the boat as?? An imitation? A copy? A one off ??? A duplicate? Even though the reference of duplicate would mean an exact copy which it is not as we all know. The terms I used as fake and a knock off was not meant in anyway to be derogatory at all but I was careful not to use terms that would suggest that the bost was an exact replica of a real 41 from apache power boat company

Last edited by Jayl13; 07-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Well to be fair what would you guys refer to the boat as?? An imitation? A copy? A one off ??? A duplicate? Even though the reference of duplicate would mean an exact copy which it is not as we all know. The terms I used as fake and a knock off was not meant in anyway to be derogatory at all but I was careful not to use terms that would suggest that the bost was an exact replica of a real 41 from apache power boat company for I did not want to get bashed for saying it was made as the same thing so I used terms stipulating it was similar but not an exact imitation or copy because there are differences in the hull as stated above by a few others referencing the angle of the transom and the deletion of the large notch at the transom etc. Seems no matter what terms I would have used it would have been commented on as incorrect so its a no win situation when you think about it. Regardless of the terminology it is one bad ass boat and the new owner is very proud of it and has done some great upgrades because now the engines are sporting new BDS superchargers and the origional mooneyham superchargers are gone (Mercury racing-mercury marine always used Mooneyham blowers as OEM parts) and now the new or refreshed engines are proudly showing BDS, and its been said the new engines are pushing roughly 1300 HP each even though that's only hearsay only the owner can verify that. In the video you will see how well balanced the full stagger setup actually is and how well this boat effortlessly skims top to top in the key west waters which are not crazy rough but just right for a good amount of speed and not excessive hang time and she is tached up in the mid 5's and just eating it all up with no skips in her steps at all. What would be really great would be to see this boat and a real factory Kramer-Scaccenti 41 next to each other running around 70 side by side seeing how they compare in the same water conditions. I don't know if there are any factory 41's at LOTO where white lightning is so that's a video I would love to see but probably won't.
Anyway you cut it this boat can handle itself and demands recognition and respect wherever it goes. And from when I called Northcoast Yachts a few years ago this Legend offshore is hull #2 so the big question is where is hull #1??? I'm sure it will surface someday but I have not seen or heard about boat #1 and when it was sold origionally it did not have a name

So if you feel you want to call it a fake apache. A knock off a one off a copy a duplicate an imitation a replica, a joint venture (which it was not really a joint venture it was leased to make a few hulls and that was it feel free to reference this boat however you wish but as I stated before and to make myself perfectly clear it was NOT meant as a DEROGATORY statement in anyway at all I just did not know what to call it and I think there would have been comments no matter what I referred to the boat as because all the terms sort of sound derogatory even though they are not meant to be and I am not saying the boat is inferior at all because a lot of us have seen this since it sat at the aqua toy store for a long time and has been the subject of conversation for years off and on. So feel free to refer to this boat however you want but always know if you are running at LOTO and she sneaks up on you that you are going to have to have your game face on to compete with it cause this thing runs like a raped ape with 2600 HP under the hatches so beware!!!

I think a suitable term may be that its a "variation" as it is basically the same boat with some variation to the design that the builder thought would be beneficial.. you take a design, make a few changes and you have a variant of the original. consider how many variations there are of the 24x7 hull...
Old 06-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I JUST WOULD LOVE TO CALL IT MINE !!!!!!!!!!!
BE SOUTH THIS WEEK. MEET ME IN MIAMI AND I WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO TYPE ABOUT. CYA MM.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore-img_0743.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by phragle
I think a suitable term may be that its a "variation" as it is basically the same boat with some variation to the design that the builder thought would be beneficial.. you take a design, make a few changes and you have a variant of the original. consider how many variations there are of the 24x7 hull...
It better be done legally, because there are protection laws in the U.S.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap13.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.