2002 Apache Brave

Notices

2002 Apache Brave

Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by myattitude
Yeah I spoke with Bobby right before I picked it up from Mel. Please send a pm with what u heard. I love it, AWESOME boat. I thinking about some graphics nothing to big.
He said it was built special for Mel. He also said the boat doesn't have much wood in it at all and that it would be a great boat.

He suggested contacting him if you have any questions about the boat or if you want some trim/driving suggestions. He was hoping Mel would have taken you out for a ride before turning the boat over.

PS, he agreed with my drive/tab setting suggestions in an earlier post.

Frank
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Panther thank you for the input. I will call Bobby this week, Mel gave me his number. I am still playing with the drive and tabs like you said. As far as Mel going out, Troy took us out before I took final delivery for a couple runs in Lake Winnebago. Mel didnt want to come because he was worried he would change is mind about selling it. I didnt want that either, been waiting a long time for this boat. I grew up around Mel's shop. My Dad had Mel build a bunch of motors and drives for his old boats. Our families are connected thru marriages. Mel and the boys are class act, without them I dont know what I would have ended up buying. I cant say enough GREAT THINGS about this boat. They out did themselves when they built this one. I have right about 17hrs on it now, still learning it. Next week I will changing the fluids. I talk with Mel once a week, he always answers the phone and always has the answers I am looking for. He is one AWESOME old school guy. Magnum Mark is another great guy, meet him at MR. MARINE in Fond Du Lac when we run it in Lake Winnebago. I think I did alright for a 33yr old guy that hasnt been boating in over 10yrs.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mtatt What was the name's of your dad's old boats?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered

my attitude- 1986 mach 1 condor. white/black and red. I know its an oldie but damn that thing crushd waves and was a lot faster then most people thought. I tried finding it about 2 yrs ago and came up with a couple dead ends. It had the condor on the deck which was rare, painted mach 1 logos on the hatch and sides of the hull.
Downtown you from Oshkosh?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 mi West of Milwaukee. Boated on Winnebago since mid '70's. Can't recall your dads boat.

Mel and gang are great, you got a sweet rig. GL
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by myattitude
I have right about 17hrs on it now, still learning it. Next week I will changing the fluids. I talk with Mel once a week, he always answers the phone and always has the answers I am looking for. He is one AWESOME old school guy. Magnum Mark is another great guy, meet him at MR. MARINE in Fond Du Lac when we run it in Lake Winnebago. I think I did alright for a 33yr old guy that hasn't been boating in over 10yrs.
Good stuff!!! If you haven't done so already I always suggest taking long straight-edge and figure out where neutral is on your indicators. At least then you know where neutral (level) is and you can trim up and down from there.

Pretty cool story you got there. I met Magnum Mark several years ago in Long Island with his old 41' Apache. We wound up making a few runs out of Jones Inlet together!

We're about the same age. I'll be 34 in September. Bobby has been really helpful in helping set up my boat over the years.

Frank
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered

Downtown- Thank you. My Dad was very active in the Oshkosh Boat Club back in the 90s and early part of the 2000s. Dads Mach 1 was one of the first go fast style mach 1 back late 80s. We ran with 5 to 8 boats at any given time. After dad starting running his some of the guys started buying and running them, couple of the guys still have them. I miss running the river north thru Oshkosh to Frement then a lil further north, some great beaches up there on the river.

Panther- Thank you again, I am planning on doing just that this weekend. I figure that will make the learning curve a tad easier. I woud love a 36 but wife said it was a tad to big, 28 is still easy to trailer and run with less gas. I do have a couple questions about the 36 if you dont mind?

Greg
Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Panther- LOL I am turning 34 in September also. Funny ****. I would love to run in a 41 with a guy like Magnum Mark. I heard he is a crazy fun driver. The Riggs boys are crazy behind the wheel also.
Greg
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

September 14th here!

Sure, you can ask me any questions you have about the 36'!

Here's some pictures of when I ran with Magnum Mark.
http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/20...accosjuly.html
http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/2007freeportrun.html
Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
September 14th here!

Sure, you can ask me any questions you have about the 36'!

Here's some pictures of when I ran with Magnum Mark.
http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/20...accosjuly.html
http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/2007freeportrun.html
Frank, I am hitting the big 31 on 8-22-11. That is cool that there are a few of us younger guys that appreciate the old school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.