Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Any 36ís for sale >

Any 36ís for sale

Any 36ís for sale

Old 05-17-2020, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry View Post
There's a 36 with no power and 3a's in Glen Cove NY for $20,000. I think a tree limb fell on the hatch or something. I saw it on FB marketplace. Nevermind. There was a thread started by it's owner here yesterday.
looking at that one. Found another option but itís bravo and it looks the gas tank is pushed way far back that wonít allow room for trans and moving motors forward so gotta keep looking. The ny one is rough and over priced compared to what itíll take to redo
Old 05-17-2020, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78 View Post
3's are very hard to get parts for and 5's aren't much easier. I completely agree with not overpaying for someone's junk and understand that Jim's is over his budget but, Jim's is definitely not overpriced. A 2005 gun with 525's and XR's for $230k is overpriced.

they actually are not hard to get parts for. And good drives are a dime a dozen. If you break, buy a new pair slap them on and go. Are the parts available at Napa ? No. But they are not impossible to get
Old 05-17-2020, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil, I’m wondering why a 36 Apache as opposed to say a dime a dozen Cafe? You’d be the guy to ask. Is the Apache layup lighter and stronger?
Old 05-17-2020, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 315duramax View Post
looking at that one. Found another option but itís bravo and it looks the gas tank is pushed way far back that wonít allow room for trans and moving motors forward so gotta keep looking. The ny one is rough and over priced compared to what itíll take to redo

if you think that the boat is over priced , and rough , please do yourself a favor and forget about coming by to take a look at it . Youíve never seen the boat in person . Thank you for bad mouthing the boat I have for sale on a public forum.....
Old 05-17-2020, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomFTM View Post
if you think that the boat is over priced , and rough , please do yourself a favor and forget about coming by to take a look at it . Youíve never seen the boat in person . Thank you for bad mouthing the boat I have for sale on a public forum.....

well, in your add you stated clear is peeling, so, were talking boat needs a repaint, theres physical damage to the side, no trailer, and drives that are leaking salt water into them due to the seals being bad. And you want 20k without trailer. So add 10k for a nice trailer, theres 30k for a damaged hull on a trailer needing full power and repaint. Add the numbers up. So I stand by, thats what I would consider, rough, and over priced. the being said, were still interested in it. that boat is right up the alley were looking for, just the price has to work. just checking what else is available before we pull the trigger on a project...
Old 05-17-2020, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues View Post
Phil, Iím wondering why a 36 Apache as opposed to say a dime a dozen Cafe? Youíd be the guy to ask. Is the Apache layup lighter and stronger?

honestly, I couldn't tell you. I try not to work on cigs anymore because they always end up being a basket case that I lose money on LOL and the 36 apache is just cooler IMO. nostalgia , rarer, I think they run a little better too from what I've heard. The lines on them look newer than a cafe once you take the fairing off the top.

Maryland offshore built a sick one. you would think the boat is a 2010 by looking at it. I think for being a 90's go fast, they are just cooler than a cafe IMO
Old 05-17-2020, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 315duramax View Post
well, in your add you stated clear is peeling, so, were talking boat needs a repaint, theres physical damage to the side, no trailer, and drives that are leaking salt water into them due to the seals being bad. And you want 20k without trailer. So add 10k for a nice trailer, theres 30k for a damaged hull on a trailer needing full power and repaint. Add the numbers up. So I stand by, thats what I would consider, rough, and over priced. the being said, were still interested in it. that boat is right up the alley were looking for, just the price has to work. just checking what else is available before we pull the trigger on a project...
yes the clear Is peeling , due to previous owner having the top deck cleared over bare gel . the clear comes off easily with an air gun . The deck graphics could be taped on the edge and cleared over . The whole boat does not need paint if your okay with the graphics. Just clear over graphics. On deck . I personally donít like the graphics so I would paint the boat. As far as the trailer , I told you 6k for the trailer , so that is 26k . Not 30. Your preference was a steel trailer, and you said the aluminum trailer isnít worth 6k . I Told you I could sell The 15K lb aluminum torsion Triple axle disc brake Trailer in good shape for 6k any day of the week in the Long Island area and I stand by that . The boat definitely needs work , as it is a project , but it is definitely worth the price. I expect this Nonsense on facecrap , but not on OSO .

Old 05-17-2020, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomFTM View Post
yes the clear Is peeling , due to previous owner having the top deck cleared over bare gel . the clear comes off easily with an air gun . The deck graphics could be taped on the edge and cleared over . The whole boat does not need paint if your okay with the graphics. Just clear over graphics. On deck . I personally donít like the graphics so I would paint the boat. As far as the trailer , I told you 6k for the trailer , so that is 26k . Not 30. Your preference was a steel trailer, and you said the aluminum trailer isnít worth 6k . I Told you I could sell The 15K lb aluminum torsion Triple axle disc brake Trailer in good shape for 6k any day of the week in the Long Island area and I stand by that . The boat definitely needs work , as it is a project , but it is definitely worth the price. I expect this Nonsense on facecrap , but not on OSO .

lol itís not nonsense. Exactly , they cleared over the gel, some points come off with air gun, other points dont. Youíll have more labor in trying to save the graphics than stripping and repainting. So, anyways; you want what you want , Itís not worth 20, if someone pays that fine. To us itís not Good for you if you get it. Iíll wait. You got my contact if you wanna come to real money on it. Before we find another one to buy
Old 05-22-2020, 03:11 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was interested in that 36' before I bought the 36' I have now and have owned since 2004. :-)