Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Well, I still don't get it. >

Well, I still don't get it.

Notices

Well, I still don't get it.

Old 04-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carl....I really dont think you have to worry about Thad Allen rewriting Apache history.......do you??? And please accept my apologies as it was wampum who called him a thug.....Rich
Old 04-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Steve_H

probably a dumb question but why is the same logo (indian head) seen on both McManus bult boats AND Saccenti boats?

did they have an agreement?

Old 04-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered

Dude...you've got a lot of catching up to do.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:56 AM
Registered

Poker Runs America, Volume 7, Number 3, Page 32-33

What in the world are they printing?

Read it closely. Ask around, ask those who have been around, this article makes no sense.

"For me, the future is what counts"- Allen

fact: The Apache trademark is owned by Mark McManus

"Three of Apache's original crew"-Allen

fact: What are their names, please? And by the way, who was there to verify their employment.
Only Mark McManus

"I did my research. Everything looked good and I bought the Apache trademark for $ 500,000"-Allen

fact: The Apache Trademark is Government issued and registered with Mark McManus, Ft. Myers, Fl.

"The boat I ended up buying turned out to be a nightmare. Everything that could go wrong, did".-Allen

question: (research?)

"Allen is nothing less than thorough. Before making his first move, he conducted a personal survey, asking current and previous Apache owners what they liked most about the boat".

question: Who did he survey....not ONE of the 41' or 47' owners I am familiar with. Past or Present.

"When I finally did get to go out in one"-Allen

question: Now you are the "New Apache"?

"So far, it has cost me about 3 Million - and I still haven't got a finished boat"-Allen

question: What can this mean?

**41', 47' Apache owners, past and present, need to speak up, this article is a misrepresentation.

**I challenge all Apaches owners to CONTACT Author/Editor Peter Tasler, Publisher William Taylor at Poker Runs America. www.pokerrunsamerica.com.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 5, Mississauga,ON,Canada,L4W 4N7. I am.

**If Mr. Tasler wants to write about Apache, he should spend equal time with Mark McManus and the 41' and 47' Apache owners - present and past- and learn the facts about Apache.

Regards, Tony Ferrentino
Apache 41' Owner (since 1993)
Old 04-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered

Steve

Let me get this straight. Thad can ignore all trademark law because hes upset and he thinks he made the boat better ??????? What a novel legal theory. You should have been a attorney. Before one can claim a boat has a better hull, one should have already run said boat on the water(not on paper).

When I raced my 41 in 1990 we had 950 hp injected motors in it. The boat would run 101 mph. I don't know where you get your HP vs speed numbers, but your inexperience with the 41 hull really shows. Petes 41 had 1000 mercs in it and it ran 104+ and was the fastest 41 at the time. This was before the dry sump #6.

Carl
Actually running an Apache 41, not just talking about it since 1988.

P.S. Hi Tony !!!!

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 04-24-2004 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 42 Posts
Default APACHE

Carl what you currently running for power? I love your 41, because of you and pete I have wanted a 41 since 1988, when I first saw petes pleasure 41. I have had 2 36's from bobby and they are awsome boats and I will hopefully have a 41 by this summer. Bring that bad boy up to SMOKE ON THE WATER!! Take care Steve.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Hey Carl,

Impressive numbers to say the least!

We ran Zul 800's, side by side 41', with # 6 - 90 mph.
Best day 92mph!

Tony
Actually running a 41' Apache, not just talking about it since 1993.

(Right now I'm busy working on my letter to pokerruns mag. There is huge misunderstanding and the owners of these boats will explain the real story)!

Tony
Old 04-25-2004, 07:53 AM
wampum

letter challenge

peter tasler and william taylor should be challenged on this article.the local delray area paper did not write an article for/about the delray boat co. Because the reporter did her home work and questioned the integrity and accuracy of her information.she did her home work!at the very least if an article does come to fruition it will be honest and fair journalism.bill taylor is or at least i though he was above cheap controversial advertising and journalism.iv'e now owned two apaches a used 1988 and a new mcmanus built '97,and i too will write my concerns about this article to bill taylor.

Last edited by wampum; 04-25-2004 at 07:56 AM.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by tony04
"So far, it has cost me about 3 Million - and I still haven't got a finished boat"-Allen
Marine grade quicksand is pricey.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered

It should have said :

"So far, it has cost me about 3 Million - and I still haven't got a finished boat- but I stayed in a Holiday Inn express last night"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.