Lost at Sea : All Baja 25 Owners Please Read >

Lost at Sea : All Baja 25 Owners Please Read

Notices

Lost at Sea : All Baja 25 Owners Please Read

Old 07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lost at Sea : All Baja 25 Owners Please Read

Westwelljs, boating safety. A reminder to all of us. I never wear my switch line. Will now.

God bless you and I truly am sorry for your loss.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

To every boater/passenger who is listening, and especially to those of you who are making choices to use start using , or keep your kill switches at "all" times.
Words can't truly describe how deeply moved I am to read that some of you are going to be using your own kill switches.
If the outcome of his death saves even one life, then he didn't die in vain. If he were you, reading this, he'd make the same changes too.
Sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring about change.
Believe me, when I tell you that you, and your loved ones will all be the benefactors of your wise decision. However, sadly, if you happen to find yourself in similar circumstances, and you are not wearing one, then you, and your loved ones will, also be the benefactors of your decision.
Clark disliked the kill switch, and so did his most all of his boating buddies, who are wearing them now, though.
I'd see him wear it , then gripe and take it off.
He was surely feeling his proverbial oats on that September 4th, one day before his 46th birthday. He took it off less than 5 minutes before the accident..He stopped the boat to use the bathroom, removed his switch (BTW he preferred the outdoors/back of the boat)...I was goosing the engine while he was going off the back, and he was laughing at me, and finished, came & gave me a little kiss,(ourlast kiss) got back in his bolster, and took off towards Kemah/home. He did not put it back on, and I can still hear remember the sound of that loose kill switch flopping against the boat.
Please wear them, there's not much chance of staying alive if you get thrown out.
I am grateful to this site in so many ways.
It has been tough to write this, but it was theraputic in many other ways, and so I thank each of you for all the time and thought you so graciously extended me.
I will visit the site from time to time, as I get more at ease about boating again, and I will say hi to you all again.
Please, if you like, feel free to drop in to Clark's memorial, to say hi and introduce yourself.
There is an open invitation for boats to go out into the bay also, where I took his ashes last year.
Date: September 3rd : 2pm-6pm
God Bless & Fair Winds
Jacque
Jacqueline Stilwell-West
Seabrook, TX
Old 07-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered

Jacque,
I've been following this thread since you first started it but didn't know what to say. First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't begin to know the trauma you've gone through. Secondly, I would like to thank you for reminding everyone of the importance of always wearing the tether. Unfortunately, it seems that the only way for us to learn a lesson, is to be slapped in the face by reality. I think it was stated before, but I'll say it again : everyone has driven their boat without it on. Whether it is a conscious decision or not. I have been reminded many times by my teenage son to put it on. Now, I make it part of my routine. Sadly enough, I think there is a large % of drivers out there that do not wear one, at least where I boat. I've seen dozens of poker run photos where the tether is not being worn. My prayers go out to you and I will keep the Sept. date in mind for a little extra prayer for you husband. God bless you.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Thanks so much for bringing me closer to acceptance and peace, this week. It's been my best week since the accident.Sometimes it's nice to put faces to words, so I am attaching a picture of Clark & I in Grand Cayman last May at our wedding. It was on the water in our boats that we spent our "best" times, and it was on the water, and on our best friends yacht that we were married, and lastly, it was on the water where we departed lives. My goal is to be comfortable with boating again, and to look at the water the way I used to as my favorite place. In time, and with my friends and family's support, I think I will.
Jacque West
Attached Thumbnails Lost at Sea : All Baja 25 Owners Please Read-clark-jacque-may-07-2004-202.jpg  
Old 07-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westwelljs
My goal is to be comfortable with boating again, and to look at the water the way I used to as my favorite place. In time, and with my friends and family's support, I think I will.
Jacque West
I sure hope that you do get on with your life and and enjoy it to the fullest.

We have a very short time on this earth and we must all from time to time regroup, take what life has thrown our way and move on.

Best of wishes
Old 07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Registered

Doc,

If you are looking for a teather with velcro, try any shop that sells jetskis, they should have them.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My condolences Jacque.

Thank you for bringing this very necessary aspect of boating to light. It is so important that it be fresh in all of our minds, and should be taken as serious as venting the engine fumes, checking fluids, etc.

I hope you can step away from this tragedy and have a life full of family, friends, love, and laughter.

Neil
Old 07-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

TRhat is one of the sadest things Iv ever heard, thanks for sharing , because I will wear my lanyard from now on. Im sorry to hear this tragedy