Notices

more 272 mods

Old 07-10-2006, 05:33 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: more 272 mods

Sorry to hear about the procharger.
Just before the last PR a friends procharger did the same. The bits went into the motor. He took it all apart and reckons that the lubrication channel on the rotor had blocked (and that it is a design weakness of the pc) and run the bearing dry with the inevitable results!
Hope you are back on the water soon.
Stories like his and yours delay my plans to put a Whipple kit on my 525 and thus save it from the eventual "death by blower" syndrome.
But sometimes the need for speed is stronger.
Good luck
Stephen
Old 07-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

heres a pic of it done
Attached Thumbnails more 272 mods-boyne-079.jpg   more 272 mods-boyne-077.jpg   more 272 mods-boyne-080.jpg  

Old 07-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nicely done. I did the same thing and ran the hoses into the box. Did you get the supercharger fixed? When you are all straightened out how about fitting my dyno on it?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cobra marty
Nicely done. I did the same thing and ran the hoses into the box. Did you get the supercharger fixed? When you are all straightened out how about fitting my dyno on it?
Cobra,I bought 2 used procharger kits from Cigdaze in Fla because procharger was so far behind I would have missed the rest of our boating season here in michigan waiting on them. So far the ext box hasn't done anything to help boat,ran it last weekend with new used supercharger at boyne thunder,seems to cavitate in rough chop,hard to get bow up now in rough water. Boat lost 5 mph at wfo compared to before with 30 pitch and heavy load,might have other problems though that I'm sorting out,Smitty
Old 07-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As far as the onboard dyno,pm me with details,Smitty
Old 07-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hope you get it straightened out. It sucks to go backwards after all that work. It looks faster though!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boat is definately slower so far with the ext box. Did several wfo runs this weekend using 30 pitch prop,boat will usually run 89mph and some change with full load,best run was 87.5 at same rpm's it used to run 89.5mph. Boat definately porpoises if you try to cruise between 2800 rpm's and 3800. Lots of tab will stop it but slows boat down. Boat also cavitates prop when it hits 3000 rpm's,starting to see burn marks on it even. Am going to try a 1 inch drive spacer maybe to see what happens. If it brings speed back to what it ran originally before box and no more than it will be coming back off this winter.It looks really cool,getting alot of comments but I didn't install it for bling factor. So overall it hurt general ride of boat with the porpoising and created new drivability issues.I will post any other things I gain from drive spacer if I buy one,Smitty
Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY GUYS GOING OUT SATURDAY TO SEE HOW THE 2,, SHORTIE WILL WORK FOR ME THERE WAS A BOAT FROM THE MID WEST 24OL DID LIKE 113MPH AND THEY HAD 1 1/2'' SHORTIE WORKED GOOD
Old 07-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: more 272 mods

MAN WHENS SATURDAY GOING TO GET HERE, MY BUDDY WAS LAUGHING AT ME TONIGHT HE'S GOT THE SUPERBOAT THATS ALMOST AS FAST AS ME. SAYING OH YOUR NOT GOING TO GET ON PLANE . WELL TIME WILL TELL
Old 07-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
MAN WHENS SATURDAY GOING TO GET HERE, MY BUDDY WAS LAUGHING AT ME TONIGHT HE'S GOT THE SUPERBOAT THATS ALMOST AS FAST AS ME. SAYING OH YOUR NOT GOING TO GET ON PLANE . WELL TIME WILL TELL
Well??? How much power are you running? I have heard of several 24/25 o/l with bigger than average power having good results from shorties. I have spoken to Dan Vining ,the guy who ran fastest single v under 29 ft at loto last year with a 25 ft Baja h2x. He says his boat drives great with a 2" shortie,he's running over a 1000hp,ran 109 at loto,claims to run 113-118 at home (probably does). The main difference between his boat and mine I think (as far as mine not responding well to 1" of raising drive) is he can run real fast with boat flat where mine needs a ton of positive bow lift to do it. I'd love to here your results,I bought a 1" drive spacer that came thurs to try to see if my boat can get back to where it was at least but unfortunately it won't fit my max worx drive until I have it custom machined.I did get my boat to run its normal speed though this weekend with 30 pitch prop by leaving most extra weight out of cabin but the porpoising and cavitating the box and 1" up caused are just frikken irritating,Smitty

Quick Reply: more 272 mods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.