1" shorty Lower >

1" shorty Lower

Notices

1" shorty Lower

Old 09-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1" shorty Lower

well I put on the 2'' shortie I get on plane fine, pick up more speed, my boat always chine walked I have the cable steering set to hyd steering but I have a new carb .also under my pics of my boat THREAD I ALWAYS post how thinks are going. so went from 74gps with low fuel to 78 gps 100gals and a bunch of tools, I like it, may go to a 5 blade with bow lift, going to check motor out this week had a lot of blow by I thought but my beathers are low and cover are also. THERE WAS A BAJA 240 SPORT WITH 1300HP THAT DID A 113MPH ON HERE WITH A 1'' SHORTIE, AND NICKERSONS GO'S ABOUT A 100MPH BIG BLOWER MOTOR.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

Baja has still not responed to my email. You would think that they would at least send me some kind of reply.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boss252
Baja has still not responed to my email. You would think that they would at least send me some kind of reply.
I really don't think that Baja wants to make recommenditions on this. They set the boat up to perform the best and safest when it left the factory. It opens up a can of worms for them.

You may want to call Dave Leonhardt in engineering and ask him. If he knows he will sure be up front with you. He has been a lot of help to me on different issues.

On another note, I'm building up two awesome "XR" drives with 1 inch shorties for the 36. Dick Tryce AKA "Mr. Gadgets" is completely going through two XZ uppers and converting to XR's. We are adding the awesome Max Machine Worx billet top caps and drive showers. Then I will be bolting on new Teague lowers. Teague uses the IMCO housing which really looks sharp and has a very good reputation on setting up the internals. It will be a satin finish. I'll post some pictures when these are done, they will look GREAT and should perform very well. I have two friends that have run the 1 inch shorties with good results on their 36's, so I do not see any problems. Hopefully I will not have to add spacers.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

Thanks for the info Doc. I understand them not wanting to make a recommendition but a simple reply to a loyal customer would be nice.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 828 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
well I put on the 2'' shortie I get on plane fine, pick up more speed, my boat always chine walked I have the cable steering set to hyd steering but I have a new carb .also under my pics of my boat THREAD I ALWAYS post how thinks are going. so went from 74gps with low fuel to 78 gps 100gals and a bunch of tools, I like it, may go to a 5 blade with bow lift, going to check motor out this week had a lot of blow by I thought but my beathers are low and cover are also. THERE WAS A BAJA 240 SPORT WITH 1300HP THAT DID A 113MPH ON HERE WITH A 1'' SHORTIE, AND NICKERSONS GO'S ABOUT A 100MPH BIG BLOWER MOTOR.
Your boat is a outlaw? If you look at very center of hull is there a pad (flat area) or does v go right to the middle,Smitty
Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

Re: 1" shorty Lower

YES I have a smaller pad than the 25ol, I will try to take pics on sat to see how it looks at the water line WFO, I was using a lot of trim but not over where you lose speed, I don't want to put in the new hyd helm becauce the boat will be getting new bulkheads and floor this winter and I will only be going out maybe two more times this season, getting that knee done in 4 weeks so I want get it stripped before drive off,motor out seats out. JUST READ 5 BLADES MAY NOT BE THE HOT SET UP ART
Old 09-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 828 Likes on 380 Posts

I went 3 years/200 hours plus on my drive without breaking any components other than chewing up lower gears slooowly. The lower gears I think I have figured out now though.Tried a 5 blade prop and sheared off max worx prop shaft within 10 passes,big power/big tq,I'm sticking to my 4 blades,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails 1" shorty Lower-dsc04705.jpg   1" shorty Lower-dsc04701.jpg   1" shorty Lower-dsc04712.jpg  

Old 09-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Question Re: 1" shorty Lower

so if I am triming the drive up alittle more with my lab 26 b1 , and can they rework it to give me more bow lift I wonder,and I WILL SEE HOW HIGH I tach this weekend if I hit 5600 maybe get a b1 28p with some cup for more bow lift?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boss252
Where do you lose the 1" it looks like the prop would hit the cavatation plate. I am just trying to unerstand the difference. Thanks Doc

Okay Boss252,

I have your answer for you now. Just received my shorties today and it finally makes sense.

The lower no longer has a cavatation plate. It is GONE.

You get an extension that you bolt on to the cav plate on the upper to extend it behind the drive.

Here are some pictures. Hope this makes it easier to understand.

Dock
Attached Thumbnails 1" shorty Lower-dsc01536-custom-.jpg   1" shorty Lower-dsc01538-custom-.jpg   1" shorty Lower-dsc01541-custom-.jpg  

Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

Thanks Doc that does clear it up. Nice looking lowers. Can't wait to hear how they perform. Make sure you give us an update.

Quick Reply: 1" shorty Lower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.