Trim problem

Notices

Trim problem

Old 10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trim problem

Called the Ski Dock yesterday. They are replacing the Gimbal bearing, drive shaft, u joints and the boot etc etc. Said that merc is paying for most of it but they(ski dock) are paying for some of it to. Seems to be a question about the proper installation of the same parts about 6 months ago :mad They also said that defective boots have been a continuing problem. Seems as though they never have time to do it right the first time but always have time to do it right the second time---I hope! I asked to see if they would extend the normal warranty for another year seeing how this is the second time they have replaced these same parts within a year. Does anyone think this request is out of line?????? Why or why not??
Old 10-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by never enuff
Called the Ski Dock yesterday. They are replacing the Gimbal bearing, drive shaft, u joints and the boot etc etc. Said that merc is paying for most of it but they(ski dock) are paying for some of it to. Seems to be a question about the proper installation of the same parts about 6 months ago :mad They also said that defective boots have been a continuing problem. Seems as though they never have time to do it right the first time but always have time to do it right the second time---I hope! I asked to see if they would extend the normal warranty for another year seeing how this is the second time they have replaced these same parts within a year. Does anyone think this request is out of line?????? Why or why not??

Jay,

Glad they are taking care of you. It is always a pain when something like this happens, but they seem to be doing the right thing.

As for the request to extend the warranty, I do not feel that it is out of line at all. But lets face it, if they do the repair properly, warranty will not be an issue. It should be several years before this has to be touched again.

Good luck

Dock
Old 10-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked the boat up today. Seems like there was NOT a defective part. I was told that the tech that installed the boot the last time did not do it correctly and therefore water leaked in and so much for the bearings and U joints. The Ski Dock stepped up to the plate, told me the truth, and completed the work as soon as the parts arrived. Can't ask for much more than that. My hat is off to Dell(owner of Ski Dock) and his service department for doing the right thing and taking responsibility for their error.
Thanks for all the good advise Doc and others--your help is really appreicated--if I can just remember what Doc told me--It's hell getting old--ain't it Doc
Old 10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by never enuff
--if I can just remember what Doc told me--It's hell getting old--ain't it Doc

I'm sorry. what is this thread about?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Jay,

Very glad they stepped up to the plate and did what any company should that wants to stay in business and keep their customers coming back has to do and should do.

Hats off to "SKI DOCK".

I wish we had a "Ski Dock", "Alton Blakely" or "Hawkeye" here in the Carolina's.

Happy Boating.

Dock