Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's an old ad from 1975.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered

WOW !!!
I can't believe that in a year and a half here I never saw this thread before. I came to the shop cause it was raining and just spent an hour reading this thread, LOL.

I was lucky enough during my search to find a little piece of Baja history for sale and kind of thought the seller might have been yanking my chain just a bit on all his telling me the history of the boat. I came into here and BBO and posted the unit on a thread asking if anyone knew the boat. Dave at XT corroborated the seller's story when he told me that it was the 1996 Baja Marine factory poker run boat for that year model and was a Powerboat magazine cover with a brief write up about her. He even offered up his copy of the mag if I purchased her, an offer I'll soon have to take him up on This was info I didn't even put into that thread cause I thought it was most likely Hogwash coming from the seller to help sell his boat.
Here's a few pic's Ive posted a couple of times from and a link to my boat search thread last year.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...know-boat.html

I remember a member here saying he had a great pic or video of her getting big air at one of the Great Lake Poker Runs.
If anybody has old pic's/vids or links to them I'd love to have a copy or links to them.
[email protected]

Doc, thanks for your thread from way back. I just learned so much Baja history it's unbelievable.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Registered

Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Registered

2+year restoration is almost complete.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Stumbled on this thread via a Google search and just read the whole thing.
Just bumping the thread because it's a very good read for anyone remotely interested in Baja.

Not the first time it's reappeared, thanks to all the contributors, especially Doc Holiday.

Go back to page one and enjoy some Baja history......

RR
Old 06-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Took this picture of the old BAJA factory from a distance Saturday. I took the little "70" Honda to moms for the kids to ride and took a little ride through the woods to check the place out. Funny that I never realized how big the place was when I worked there. Its been broken into several times since it was closed. Heard one guy had his truck inside the gate at a loading dock and was found stealing copper pipe. I also found a spot in the fence that looks like it had been pulled away that you could get in. Not sure why anyone would risk going in there and getting caught.

(Sorry about the small picture, it was taken on my phone)
is the building still empty this day?
Old 06-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Registered

Default B-36

I'm new to the forum, I joined cause I just picked up a 208 islander. Always wanted a Baja and now I have the pleasure of owing one. I saw a lot of info on the B-36 racing boat. A friend of mine owns this boat now.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Registered

Last edited by johnnysZ28; 06-13-2017 at 07:48 PM. Reason: no pic
Old 04-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Guys,

If you have any information on Baja, past boats, race boats, history, people, models, etc, etc PLEASE post it on this thread.

Thanks
Dock
I bought a 11 1/2 ft. Cobra Boat in July 1972 the President of the company Neil E. Baker signed the title I still have. My boat is labeled Cobra but they had to change their name because was already being used. They changed the name to Baja. In 1973 all boats were called Baja. I sold the boat around 1982 and found it in 2018 in bad shape but now I have restored. The boat dealer in Lacey Michigan (and friend) ordered 3 of these 11 1/2 Cobra boat. I am trying to find some history myself on how many of this model did they build.
I did here that Neil bought the mold from Checkmate and this was one of his first projects. I don't know this for sure. I have been searching to find Neil E. Baker I would love to talk to him. I would love any information that is out there.
Best Regards

Quick Reply: Baja History "The Thread"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.