Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Aero(?) Bolster Seat Part Numbers access/info? >

Aero(?) Bolster Seat Part Numbers access/info?

Notices

Aero(?) Bolster Seat Part Numbers access/info?

Old 03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Aero(?) Bolster Seat Part Numbers access/info?

I'm working on putting together a set of new bolster seats but having difficulty figuring out what parts I need to order. The dealer seems to have been given little detail from Baja on the specific parts and what they are so ordering is a risk. Here's what I know. Any help would be appreciated.

These are for a 2007 30' Outlaw but come on many models for a number of years. It looks like they are made by Aero in some of my reading but I'm not sure? I'll include a pick. Here are the pieces that make up the seat according to the dealer:

1. Shells - $150 - PN 906313 (Assumed to be fiberclass core of the seat
2. Backing Plate/grab bar- $45 - PN 1109735 and 1831395 (Assumed to be the fiberglass piece and grab rail on the back of the seat).
3. Brace - $1500 - PN ??????? (Assumed to be the stainless seat frame that bolts to the floor).
5. Bolster - $677 - PN 1895357 (Assumed to be a complete seat package that includes much of the other parts)
6. Cushion - $126 - PN 1895359 (Assumed to be the base cushion)
7. Headrest - $120 - PN 1895354 (I have no idea. This seat doesn't appear to have a headrest?!)

Here is my situation. I purchased a set of the frames for these seats. I think what I have are the "Braces"?. I have the entire stainless base from the floor to the metal drop out frame. There is no upholstered part on top. I considered making the seat part but first wanted to find out if I could buy it reasonably.

What I don't know is if I buy the Shells and the Backing plate/grabrail, will I have the structure I need to get it to an upholstery shop? Not knowing exactally what the "Shell" is and what the Bolster, etc... is makes it a bit risky to place an order....I may find I need a lot more and would have been better off going another route.

Does anyone have access to more details on what these parts are?

I'll later need to figure out the best way to mount these. I would expect that lag bolts into the floor is a bad idea! Maybe an access whole so I can through bolt them? How does the factory do it?

Thanks!!!

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Aero(?) Bolster Seat Part Numbers access/info?-baja-seat.jpg  

Last edited by ttrm007; 03-20-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in 2002 I bought a pair of OFFSHORE PERFORAMANCE SEATS OUT OF calf I bought the RACIN style with grab bar drop out ss frames and the tummy holder they go in and out on the sides to hold you in better, they are 1100 starting off for stands and seat up to 3 colors I think now. luv em each seat bolts inthe floor 20 spots per seat you would have to rip the floor out loosen them up
Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, i probably can't help much, but on my 1991 Baja 260 i had fiberglass boxes under my seats. Through another Baja'er, we bought the bolster frame that you talk about above. My original seat looked like the seats they used for the bolster seat. Yes, it was a perfect fit, it even had holes that lined up to the frame. The only thing we had to do was build a base for the seat base to attach to the drop down piece on the frame. You need to attach to the floor with bolts and backing plate. I tried the lag bolts, didn't hold. I was lucky, i had round access panels i could remove to stick my hand in. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks firehill. I think I'll cut some access holes right under the seats.

I'm struggling to decide if I should just buy a few of the parts for about 400 and see what I get. Just seems like there should be someone who can tell me what these part numbers actually are!!!