Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja-31/)
-   -   600 SCi in a 26 outlaw (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/baja/157057-600-sci-26-outlaw.html)

socalstone 05-02-2007 11:49 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions on the break-in issue. I have documented and photographed everything -just in case it gets ugly. I am looking into the issue. If I'm not happy with the end result I can assure you that I will be very vocal about it.

Prop is a 28p 4 blade. Seems like it could take more, but I haven't spent much time in the upper end yet. Will do soon.

Chriswithaboat 05-02-2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by socalstone (Post 2113777)
Thanks for all the suggestions on the break-in issue. I have documented and photographed everything -just in case it gets ugly. I am looking into the issue. If I'm not happy with the end result I can assure you that I will be very vocal about it.

Prop is a 28p 4 blade. Seems like it could take more, but I haven't spent much time in the upper end yet. Will do soon.

Be sure to let them know you are talking with the guy that purchased one of the original Baja 277's with all the issues! If word gets around maybe all of us will get taken care of...

Chris

BTW -- great looking boat!

Wild Card 09 05-02-2007 03:24 PM

Congrats on your new boat. Looks great! There is plenty of space for the 600 in there!
Did you say 5 hours @ 5000 +? That is crazy and not fair on you.
Just as a reference, when I received my ´06 525 last year I scanned the ECU and it showed that Merc Racing had put three hours on the motor at the factory, but at very sensible and varied rpm, with the majority at idle.

79 spund good for a start. You will see some more as you get some hours on it and I would bet that a labbed 30" is going to be the right prop. It is too much for my 525.

Enjoy the boat. Looks like it may be the first one out of the factory!

Chriswithaboat 05-02-2007 11:25 PM

Wow -- You have some complaints about baja to TBM website and offer to sell the boat for 30K less than you paid with only 22hours becuase of all the problems and the fact that you have to pay out of pocket for warranty items and you get banned!

I guess they know the boat sucks!

jonyb 05-02-2007 11:38 PM

Banned from TBM because he's vocal about the screwing he took? I'm not a member over there so I can't read the story.

Sorry about the luck dude.

Chriswithaboat 05-02-2007 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by jonyb (Post 2114880)
Banned from TBM because he's vocal about the screwing he took? I'm not a member over there so I can't read the story.

Sorry about the luck dude.

There are two sides to every story -- The guy offered me 30k less then I paid he said ok then backed out. I said typical and then was banned and threatened to be hit in the head with a brick by the forum owner....

"You are to ****ing far gone, man! If I had a brick, I would bang it upside your head as you are on thick sum *****. --- This is from TBM

jonyb 05-03-2007 02:02 AM

So who is this person on TBM saying this? Guess I'm missing something here.

Wild Card 09 05-03-2007 02:04 AM

The break in procedure on a 525 says keep the revs below 4500 rpm, but also implies that the motor doesn´t need to be mothered. They are hand built motors, assembled to precise tolerances. Important, in my view, is that you change the oil at 10 hours and at 20 hours. I try to run a 25 hour routine after that.

The motor mounts look good on your 26. The harness routing on the inside of the transom looks like the usual production boat chaos.
I bet the handling and mid range performance are amazing.

CMC 05-03-2007 05:54 AM

I ordered a new Baja once. When the boat came in it had an "issue" with the dimples on the floor. It seems it was removed from the mold too soon. I refused the boat until they 1) fixed the floor to my satisfaction and 2) gave me another $1500 off the price. The VP of sales called me and said it really amounted to "just a scratch on the hood". I told him it was "his scratch on the hood" and he can keep his boat. He authorized the repair and the discount later that day. Keep working them as hard as you can. You paid alot of $$$$$ you should be happy.

Dd24skater 05-03-2007 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2113772)
Boat looks good! I hope they get it all worked out for you...

Just ask Baja! I'll bet they work with you!!

Dd