600 SCi in a 26 outlaw >

600 SCi in a 26 outlaw

Notices

600 SCi in a 26 outlaw

Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions on the break-in issue. I have documented and photographed everything -just in case it gets ugly. I am looking into the issue. If I'm not happy with the end result I can assure you that I will be very vocal about it.

Prop is a 28p 4 blade. Seems like it could take more, but I haven't spent much time in the upper end yet. Will do soon.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by socalstone
Thanks for all the suggestions on the break-in issue. I have documented and photographed everything -just in case it gets ugly. I am looking into the issue. If I'm not happy with the end result I can assure you that I will be very vocal about it.

Prop is a 28p 4 blade. Seems like it could take more, but I haven't spent much time in the upper end yet. Will do soon.
Be sure to let them know you are talking with the guy that purchased one of the original Baja 277's with all the issues! If word gets around maybe all of us will get taken care of...

Chris

BTW -- great looking boat!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new boat. Looks great! There is plenty of space for the 600 in there!
Did you say 5 hours @ 5000 +? That is crazy and not fair on you.
Just as a reference, when I received my ´06 525 last year I scanned the ECU and it showed that Merc Racing had put three hours on the motor at the factory, but at very sensible and varied rpm, with the majority at idle.

79 spund good for a start. You will see some more as you get some hours on it and I would bet that a labbed 30" is going to be the right prop. It is too much for my 525.

Enjoy the boat. Looks like it may be the first one out of the factory!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered

Wow -- You have some complaints about baja to TBM website and offer to sell the boat for 30K less than you paid with only 22hours becuase of all the problems and the fact that you have to pay out of pocket for warranty items and you get banned!

I guess they know the boat sucks!

Last edited by Chriswithaboat; 05-02-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

Banned from TBM because he's vocal about the screwing he took? I'm not a member over there so I can't read the story.

Sorry about the luck dude.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jonyb
Banned from TBM because he's vocal about the screwing he took? I'm not a member over there so I can't read the story.

Sorry about the luck dude.
There are two sides to every story -- The guy offered me 30k less then I paid he said ok then backed out. I said typical and then was banned and threatened to be hit in the head with a brick by the forum owner....

"You are to ****ing far gone, man! If I had a brick, I would bang it upside your head as you are on thick sum *****. --- This is from TBM
Old 05-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Registered

So who is this person on TBM saying this? Guess I'm missing something here.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

The break in procedure on a 525 says keep the revs below 4500 rpm, but also implies that the motor doesn´t need to be mothered. They are hand built motors, assembled to precise tolerances. Important, in my view, is that you change the oil at 10 hours and at 20 hours. I try to run a 25 hour routine after that.

The motor mounts look good on your 26. The harness routing on the inside of the transom looks like the usual production boat chaos.
I bet the handling and mid range performance are amazing.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

I ordered a new Baja once. When the boat came in it had an "issue" with the dimples on the floor. It seems it was removed from the mold too soon. I refused the boat until they 1) fixed the floor to my satisfaction and 2) gave me another $1500 off the price. The VP of sales called me and said it really amounted to "just a scratch on the hood". I told him it was "his scratch on the hood" and he can keep his boat. He authorized the repair and the discount later that day. Keep working them as hard as you can. You paid alot of $$$$$ you should be happy.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Boat looks good! I hope they get it all worked out for you...

Just ask Baja! I'll bet they work with you!!

Dd

Quick Reply: 600 SCi in a 26 outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.