blown 25 outlaw to sell >

blown 25 outlaw to sell

Notices

blown 25 outlaw to sell

Old 05-31-2007, 02:21 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sound like a great boat that just needs a the right mod. Get a 3" lift extension box on there, and youŽll be flying. You have all the other parts from Imco, so you only need the box itself. Around $1200 for that, if i remember right. Raised motor mounts (the standard ones are rubbish anyway) and two new holes in the transom for the pipes. It may be a bridge too far, when youŽve already come all this way, but the 25OL is a rocket, once you free it up a little.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:25 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

The nice thing about the 3" raised box is that you use the stock transom cutout. In my opinion, the settup has no vices or drawbacks.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate the input because It looks like some of you have done your homework. Where were you when we started this mess? I guess I didn't mention that it already has the Imco raised extension box and a 1inch shortie. The motorbuilder does A Lot with Velocity raceboats and seems to have considerable knowledge. According to him (and 5 or 6 boats in his shop that make mine look like a jon boat) the motor and all needs to be raised about 4 inches. I only have 2-3 inches of clearance already and do not want a hood scoop. He also told me that a 3 blade prop would work better "speedwise" than the 5 blade 26 or 4 blade 30 that I have now.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:21 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Well if you already have the raised box AND a shorty, you are running nice and loose already!!!!!
So how about giving us some figures to work with? What speeds were you seeing? Do I understand right that the 540 hasnŽt run since it got the blower?

What IS actually your problem with the boat?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:00 PM

I would like to see some pix...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

I hate to keep bothering you so I will try to make it short. I bought the motor with a B & M 420 mega blower. It ran great but I kept having trouble with the belt "walking"forward. When looking for parts I found it hard to get parts/info since they had been bought out. I was introduced to this boostpower guy here in Fla. and he talked me into buying a brand new blower shop blower and told me that Express Racing Engines in Deland could get it right for me. I then brought the complete motor to them and I don't remember why but they/we decided that we should freshen and check it all out. I decided to get them to detail and make the whole motor look good too ! $20000 later I have this nice motor back in the boat and take it straight to Express racing so that he could go over everything. When I came to pick it up at his boat shop is when I got the education on how this motor/drive package should be raised. I have just lost patience since my racing(sprint cars) keeps me too busy to be prop testing etc. And there is no way I am paying more $ and time to re-rig. Just tired of it. These boat people don't seem to be too honest . For numbers It ran high 80s with old blower( don't remember rpms)New blower seems to be lower 80's(like 81),but for some reason with both it seems to hit a wall @ 5300 rpms no matter which prop. Express says the motor should be over 6000 but will never happen unless I do raise it??? I am no way cutting down Express either they were all very professional. They had some badd boats in his shop to back up the advice . Sorry to ramble on and this is the short version.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered

Why not pull the huffer motor out and throw in a lightlyl used 496, then sell the huffer and drive seperately. Seems like you would come out better in the long run.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by slobaja
I really appreciate the input because It looks like some of you have done your homework. Where were you when we started this mess? I guess I didn't mention that it already has the Imco raised extension box and a 1inch shortie. The motorbuilder does A Lot with Velocity raceboats and seems to have considerable knowledge. According to him (and 5 or 6 boats in his shop that make mine look like a jon boat) the motor and all needs to be raised about 4 inches. I only have 2-3 inches of clearance already and do not want a hood scoop. He also told me that a 3 blade prop would work better "speedwise" than the 5 blade 26 or 4 blade 30 that I have now.
Sounds like you are just tired of trying to get this thing to run and have lost interest. I tried to call you 4 or 5 times a year or 2 ago after you pm'd me with your phone numbers to discuss set-ups. I highly doubt your motor and drive need to be raised another 4 inches if you have already installed a plus 3" imco box and a 1" shortie,at a certain point your boat will just cavitate and not carry the bow. I tried a stellings box in the plus1"position with a std length drive on my blown 272 and all it did was slow me down and cause cavitation/bad handling. These boats don't come from the factory with the drives 5 or 6 inches too deep unless your going to run 5 or 6 blade props and the amt of slip or lack of from the extra blades will destiry even the best upgreaded bravo. I sheared off a max worx prop shaft trying a 5 blade maximus,it was just plain evil. I sold my ext box and am going back to std length drive which has put my boat just shy of 93 mph,I couldn't barely hit 87 with the box on it. I might try a shorter drive but I'm gun shy now after seeing how much cavitation going up just 1' caused. It takes alot of hp pure and simple to get into the high 80's/low 90's,are you sure your motor is putting out as much USEABLE hp and tq as it was previuosly? If you re-cammed too much higher and the tq isn't there then raising the engine/drive to try to get the slip so high the motor is in the useable power band will just be a bandaid and cause a whole new set of problems. My 272 will run 89.5 with 4 big guys and 70 gallons of gas,92.5-92.8 running light with 2 passengers but I'm making a little over 950 ft lbs of tq at 4700 rpm's. The whole extstension box deal on my boat made for a whole season of frustration and lower speeds,eeire handling,cavitation,prop blowout,bow steering,poor rough water handling,sukked all the way around. Good luck,going to be hard to get any serious money out of what you have,return it as close to stock as possible and sell of the parts or get it to run and enjoy it but until you fire sale your boat (in the state of mods you have it)it will be a one of a kind buyer who will ever take it off your hands,Smitty
Old 06-02-2007, 04:04 AM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

So, what about some pictures?..........
Old 06-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Yeah,lets see some pics of this bad boy!!

Quick Reply: blown 25 outlaw to sell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.