Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
33's NO Anchor Box Solutions???????? >

33's NO Anchor Box Solutions????????

Notices

33's NO Anchor Box Solutions????????

Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 33's NO Anchor Box Solutions????????

I have been extremely pleased with my '06 33 w/496HO's , except when I need to throw the anchor out. What did Baja have in mind for this??? and why did they alter the design from the rest of their boats??. Throwing the anchor is a snap from the cockpit, I stow it under the back seat, then I walk the rope out and tie up the bow, make a loop around my driver cleat and then keep all the slack back up under the seat, the issue is pulling up the anchor especially in wind or even worse a good current. Any ideas here would be much appreciated. Right now its a 2 person job, I get on the bow(wet feet dont help), reel in the rope, pulling 7500lb+ boat, till I reach the chain, then hurry back into the cockpit,(did I mention the bow is wet), then try and pull the boat sideways against the current till I get the anchor up and then stow it back under the seat, the whole time worried about drfting into something. not whining, just lookn for some ideas from other 33OL owners that have worked it out. Thanks GoodTymn
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hated the way the anchor locker looked on my 272 until the first time I used it. I guess if I had your boat I'd let my buddies tie up first. and use there anchors!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Why not pull it all the way up while you're on the bow, then carry it back to the cockpit to store. Easiest thing to do is have someone else at the wheel that can idle in the right direction while you're doing all this.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

Also, if where you're anchoring is calm you can always throw it off the stern instead of the bow.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
Why not pull it all the way up while you're on the bow, then carry it back to the cockpit to store. Easiest thing to do is have someone else at the wheel that can idle in the right direction while you're doing all this.
Good idea except for the slippery bow, 5' of chain, Corona's, my sense of balance, Corona's, my co-pilot doesnt want any parts of drivn, the boat that is, I can usually raft off someone else, I could always nose into the beach, but then the cooler is too far away!!!, I was told that the box anchor needs no chain and is much easier to manage, might have to give that a try, Thanks for the input,
Old 07-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Here is your answer:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hor+proceedure

OR, walk up and untie the anchor line from the bow, and then walk back to the swim platform. Stand on the swim platform and pull in the anchor. I always have the engines running before I pull up the anchor. Tami needs to get behind the wheel and learn. Tell her I said so. She needs to know how to get back home in case of emergency. Tell Joe to tell you about Jennifer's learning experience; and she did great in a real mess of boats and current.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Here is your answer:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hor+proceedure

OR, walk up and untie the anchor line from the bow, and then walk back to the swim platform. Stand on the swim platform and pull in the anchor. I always have the engines running before I pull up the anchor. Tami needs to get behind the wheel and learn. Tell her I said so. She needs to know how to get back home in case of emergency. Tell Joe to tell you about Jennifer's learning experience; and she did great in a real mess of boats and current.
I was waiting on the "we dont need no stinkn anchors" these boats aint made for sittn.
Yep my engines are running as well, its usually a very tight fit at Mosquito Beach, so I need to be ready for some manuevering. Good Luck to ya on Saturday on the James, give us a photo shot,
Old 07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

Find a new co pilot or teach her to pull up the anchor
Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wifey always walks up and pulls up the anchor while I sit in the bolster seat and idle the engine The only time I did it i fell off holding the anchor to my chest so it didn't hit the deck of the boat as I did the nestea plunge
Old 07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

I must defend the work that Tami does accomplish, she sure does steel the show at the dock wiping the boat down, I never go hungry or thirsty, ropes are always at the ready and she did save my boat from a Crazed Pontoon lady that tried 3x to hit me, while I was parking the trailer, + she throws in for gas ,, so if anchor issues is all I have, I will be content, especially after seeing a couple Velocity women just get out of the boat, go straight into the cooled down truck and wait for the their man to do ALL the work. If that happenes then I will take your advice.

Quick Reply: 33's NO Anchor Box Solutions????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.