Aluminum Swim Platform corrosion / powdercoating problems >

Aluminum Swim Platform corrosion / powdercoating problems

Notices

Aluminum Swim Platform corrosion / powdercoating problems

Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My platform is blue.

So maybe the darker colors (red, blue) are more likely to have problems than the lighter colors (yelllow).
Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phastenuf
My platform is blue.

So maybe the darker colors (red, blue) are more likely to have problems than the lighter colors (yelllow).

Being that it's an '05, the warranty on it may still apply. It's obvious that Baja is getting some replacement issues on this. They may extend the warranty on a pre-existing issue.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Had an issue with the platform (dark red) on my '03 as well. Had to have work done to platform becuase of a dent. The powdercoating company owner looked at the platform and stated that it should not be faded and peeling. He then put some chemical on a rag (don't remember name) and rubbed it on the platform, it came off on the rag. He stated that it indicates that the platform was never cured properly. Platform has been re-done and it looks better than it ever has........
Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Does Extreme still make Baja's platforms? If so, the one I bought for my Cig bubbled after a year or so (red). No ground wire. In fact they still use a picture of it on their web site.

I stripped it (a major pain in the azz) and re-painted it myself.

http://www.extrememarine.cc/
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cignificant
Does Extreme still make Baja's platforms?

http://www.extrememarine.cc/
No, thats who I contacted and they blamed it all on the ground wire and discontinued supplying Baja, from what I have read here the new supplier seems to have the issues as well. Thats why I wanted to take it locally to Hanover Powdercoating and just have Baja reimburse the expense, but that isnt the way they roll, My new yellow one is ordered.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered

I have a Formula 292,ordered a swim platform from Extreme Marine Ohio,They supply Baja.After a year it is bubbled up in places ,peeling is the next event.White is the color.It is trailered and washed each time it is used.What the heck,pay good money and it cant last .
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
No, thats who I contacted and they blamed it all on the ground wire and discontinued supplying Baja, from what I have read here the new supplier seems to have the issues as well. Thats why I wanted to take it locally to Hanover Powdercoating and just have Baja reimburse the expense, but that isnt the way they roll, My new yellow one is ordered.
I picked up my boat used and redid the platform. Got the skid tape from extrememarine six months later it was peeling off. I called them and asked if they had suggestions. They told me to call Baja, they don't supply Baja any more. I was like, they had nothing to do with the platform. I got the tape directly from you. They wanted nothing to do with me. My understanding is Baja went to another company because the platforms they were getting from extreme were freeze breaking and they had to replace a bunch under warranty.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

I'm still dealing w/ the issue. I was thinking of spraying it w/ LINE X the stuff they use on truck beds. Buddy has a shop and says has been doing alot of Coast Guard boats. What ya think?