My 35OL compared to my old 29OL >

My 35OL compared to my old 29OL

Notices

My 35OL compared to my old 29OL

Old 09-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 35OL compared to my old 29OL

Had some decent seat time(well standing time) this weekend so I figured Iwould post some of my thoughts.
First love the 35OL way more stable which I guess we all assume.
Right to tyhe point.. Power feels way different. MY 29OL would to me put you back in the seat from 40,50 or 60 to 75. The 35 takes some time(more weight) but it gets there. I am very suprised with the speed with HO's I hit 75GPS with under hlaf fuel and total 3 peeps on board. These are supposedly labbed rough cut 28P props by Julie.
I still have another set of labbed for top end props by Julie. Orig owner claims 77 on a good day.
Iwas getting 4900 RPM trimmed all the way up. 8-9 on the guage. The other props are supposed to be good for 250 more RPM. So very close on the limiters.

I did get a alarm a few times after a long run. All guages looked fine. It has the smart craft 5000 display but was not link'ng(Have to look into this) then I should be able to see the codes in memory.
Thee oil temp guages are connected right on this boat. My 29OL would never move hardly off bottom. These were displaying 230 when running hard in 90 degree water. Engine water temp was 180 running hard and 170 at crusing.

Complaint is the cabin down when htting some chop. Still a rattle door like the 29OL. rest ofboat was solid. And when I did get a tiny amt of air. The boat launches straight. Teh 29ol can go up sideways more than not.

I do like the room in the engine compartment. The seat backs lift with the hatch.(Nice)
Also improved anchor locker. Very nice. Will snap some pics of engine area and anchor locker.

So my wish list is Mcloud seats and some more power. Will look into Raylar options. Have not seen to much posted on them. I would like 85mpg. Not sure if 100hp per engine will do that?
They claim 525 per engine on HO's

Dennis
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Pretty much what I would expect. That is a very nice boat and I'm sure ou will really enjoy it.

On the 496HO's I have friends that are having issues with sensors and warning buzzers also. One thing to check is your gasoline and make sure you are buying good stuff. That was a big problem with one buddy and his kept going into gaurdian mode.

I really think that Baja should have made the McLeod's standard in the 35 like they did the 36 OL.

As for the Raylar system I have not really been sold on that yet. Have not seen anyone post that got the HP. If you can get 77 MPH now you should see 85 MPH with 100 HP per side.

Poker Face had a light lay up hull with 525's and did right at 90MPH. Lucky 7's is a standard lay up and does 99 MPH. Using those as reference I think 85 is possible.

Good luck and enjoy.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Very nice boat and thats a very decent trun of speed with twin stock 496HO's for a 35 foot hull. If you want to know what your hull will do with our upgrades, I would look at performance specs or talk to another owner who has twin Mercury racing HP525's. Remember HP525's dyno about 560HP at the crank not 525HP. Our 103 kits on 496HO's with a decent set of headers make 565 to 570HP at the crank, just like HP525's for a huge amount of less money. If we upgrade your ECM programming to 5400rpms and you prop accordingly you should achieve speeds equal to or maybe slightly better with the added torque of our 496 version.
The improved valvetrain of our kit equipped 496 makes these rpms very reliable and easy to prop for more speed.
I think 85mph is very reasonable and achievable for your hull with this kind of power.
Our Raylar sponsored Laveycraft raceboat runs right with and usually just in front of HP525 equipped boats and its running the same Raylar HO525 with headers powerplant.
I attached a picture here of it making a pass at LOTO Shootout last weekend where it ran a very respectible 88.7 mph in the kilo. It ran 93mph last year in Pittsburg, Ca. in the time trials. preety good for a 28 foot single engine deep-V!
Have fun with your new toy, be safe! and keep it right side up.

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Attached Thumbnails My 35OL compared to my old 29OL-raylar-loto-2007.jpg  
Old 09-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Thanks Dock,
Sent you a PM.
Right now just researching. Like the 35OL .Took me about 9 months...Plus I have factory warr till June of 2008.
Fuel should be good now. I burned 500.00 worth this past 2 days. Actaully I had no alarms 2nd time out.

I agree the areo bolster would be nice if standard. They probrably want 5-10k for add ons now...if they even would.

Supposed to see Lucky Sevens again in a few weeks hoping to catch a ride. That may not be a good idea. Seeing the speed in a 35OL ....Will get me pumped up....
Old 09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
Very nice boat and thats a very decent trun of speed with twin stock 496HO's for a 35 foot hull. If you want to know what your hull will do with our upgrades, I would look at performance specs or talk to another owner who has twin Mercury racing HP525's. Remember HP525's dyno about 560HP at the crank not 525HP. Our 103 kits on 496HO's with a decent set of headers make 565 to 570HP at the crank, just like HP525's for a huge amount of less money. If we upgrade your ECM programming to 5400rpms and you prop accordingly you should achieve speeds equal to or maybe slightly better with the added torque of our 496 version.
The improved valvetrain of our kit equipped 496 makes these rpms very reliable and easy to prop for more speed.
I think 85mph is very reasonable and achievable for your hull with this kind of power.
Our Raylar sponsored Laveycraft raceboat runs right with and usually just in front of HP525 equipped boats and its running the same Raylar HO525 with headers powerplant.
I attached a picture here of it making a pass at LOTO Shootout last weekend where it ran a very respectible 88.7 mph in the kilo. It ran 93mph last year in Pittsburg, Ca. in the time trials. preety good for a 28 foot single engine deep-V!
Have fun with your new toy, be safe! and keep it right side up.

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Wow Ray watching the boards... Good Deal.
I know headers is a plus but how much HP drop without them to start off.
Also on the website I dont understand the pricing between the BCK101 thru 103 kits..They all have the same price.
Dennis