Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Engine hatch will close but will not open?? >

Engine hatch will close but will not open??

Notices

Engine hatch will close but will not open??

Old 08-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine hatch will close but will not open??

OK, so my buddy's boat is out ripping, comes back in goes to lift the hatch and nothing.
however he hits it to close and it does, hit it to go up again, does nothing. we cant see any wires off at the switch, but we are not 100% sure how its suposed to be wired.
anyone have this issue, tell me where to look, if not, does anyone have a diagram of how that switch wires into the hatch motors?

thanks

also, is there anyway into the engine without the hatch?
i told him to put pins in, but he just got the boat and has not done it yet, so there is no quick relise.
is there an easy way?

thanks again
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What model and year of Baja? If it is newer try looking around on the old www.bajamarine.com website for drawings.
XT
Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
What model and year of Baja? If it is newer try looking around on the old www.bajamarine.com website for drawings.
XT
its a 99 outlaw 25
Old 08-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the 99's had the older lift motors the did not have the release that was added to the 2000 models in June of 1999. The 2000 models lift up about 1 foot to access the release pin.

To me it sounds like the wire is off on the backside of the switch, and shoud not be hard to figure out because all six terminals are wired. It should push right on again.
XT
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Well the 99's had the older lift motors the did not have the release that was added to the 2000 models in June of 1999. The 2000 models lift up about 1 foot to access the release pin.

To me it sounds like the wire is off on the backside of the switch, and shoud not be hard to figure out because all six terminals are wired. It should push right on again.
XT
we pulled the dash and switch pannal out and could not find a dead end wire anyplace. however ther was atleat 6 terms and 3 of them had no wires. whats the chance of 3 falling off??

a diagram would be sweet then i can test whats wht, maybe one was a jumper and it fell off and went down and we cant see it, im not sure