Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it?? >

Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it??

Notices

Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it??

Old 08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it??

Well I think I am ready to move to a Top Gun. so that being said I need some input as to what I might be able to ask $$ for my boat. I know that the market sucks, but that's OK. I have alot of time. Here are the details and some pics.

2000 Baja 36 Outlaw with Boss package.It has all the Monster guages you need. Heritage triple axle heavy duty steel trailer with 6 wheel disc brakes. Tires are 3 yrs old. Boat has 180 original hours and is a strong "9" . Very well maintained.

Brand new 540 CI motors with Whipple superchargers. They make around 800 hp each and have 860 ft lbs torque. They have 2 hours time on them. Internals are Callies crank and rods, SRP pistons and Edelbrock aluminum heads. All internally balanced. Cams and lifters from Bob Madera. The blocks and rotators were also cryo treated for longer life. Alot of money was spent here.

The drive are blueprinted, cryo treated XR drives with 1" shorter Imco lowers built by Mr.Gadgets from OSO. They have been freshly rebuilt and also have only 2 hours time.

I also installed this year wide band O-2 sensors in the CMI polished headers with the readouts on the dash so you can see info while running. I also installed Canton racing oil accumulators so you will have no more dry starts and they hold 3 qts extra oil in case the pressure drops for some reason, they can save a motor.

This boat also has a killer stereo system that the first owner said cost 10,000 to install. It has all JL amps and speakers and hits around 135 db. You have no trouble hearing it at 80 plus mph.

I have spent over 30 K in the motors and other misc stuff this summer.

Give me some input.

Thanks,

Smitty

Last edited by Smitty; 08-28-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Oooops for got the pics
Attached Thumbnails Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it??-36bajaozarks.jpg   Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it??-eng1.jpg  
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice boat Smitty.

I find that everyone is in a mind set right now expecting you to take a beating because it is a buyers market. They look at the boats that are priced way below market for a reason and expect you to match that price on a quality piece.

Sorry to see you selling and I hope you have good luck. You may have to ride out the winter and get it advertised early spring.

I have had three guys want to buy my blower motors but all three want to trade their motors and cash. Mine are brand new and already discounted $10K and they have used and want TOP dollar. It's a strange market.

Sorry I don't have a clue where you need to price it at but don't price too low. People will expect to be able to talk you down and it they think they are getting $10K off they feel better about the deal.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

I dont have a price but I do have an idea. this is how one of my most recent home purchases went.(Simialr crappy market of couse) Bear with me. We found a house and fell in love with it. We felt like we stole it too. But then we thought we were going to get top dollar when selling our old house. wrong! We ended up sitting on our old house for a year and finally discounted it about 25% and were LUCKY to sell it at this point. In the end I think they stole our old house from us. This is how I see your transaction taking place. Your going to get less than what you want for your boat BUT you should also be able to get somthing at a great deal too.

So do you have your eyes on a Gun yet? I have seen some very good deals out there on cigs. I too have been giving some thought about going to a cig. I am not ready yet. I can point some out if you are interested. Or are you going to sell first?

since I have been writing I have started to form an opinion about your numbers. Ready?

I think if you walk away with more than $78K thats pretty good
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

Doc. is right. I have my Bro's listed now and as Doc. said they want you to give it away and Deliver it........ I was lucky when I sold my 29' too Cylde he was great, he knew what he was buying and didn't beat me up or should I say insult me. One thing I will never do is the E-Bay thing, JUST STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!

Last edited by 29KILROY; 08-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd agree in this market your going to be lucky to see any decent money out of your boat...Your better to ride out the market and then look or take your beating now on your boat and get the deal on the 38TG...Keep in mind everyone that is selling is in your position and everyone buying is looking to steal right now...So you have to have the mindset when you sell yours that your getting the best deal you'll ever get on a 38TG because of the market, but your also giving yours away at wholesale price. Good luck in your sale, but I'll agree I think 80k would be a good price for your boat in this current market..
Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29KILROY
One thing I will never do is the E-Bay thing, JUST STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!
Stupid people are everywhere!

The thing is, a boat ad will get more looks on EBAY than 10 of these boating forum classifieds combined.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Team very true about People and E-Bay Lookers! The Trouble with E-bay is the e-mails "I am a serious buyer will you take $10,00.00 Cash when your Starting bid is $45,000"........

Sorry Smitty,Forgot to tell you that is a SWEET Ride!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Thanks for the compliments and input guys !!! It is a sweet boat with alot of sweat and time in it.

If the market right now is around 80 K or so, I think I am going to tear it apart and sell off the high perf stuff and put it all back to stock. It will then probably fetch 70K and I can get at least 30K for the drives and motors separately.

I would have thought a boat with new drives and motors would bring at least 95K. I know it is heading towards the end of the season, but I can sit on it until it sells.

Anybody looking for Xr drives or new blower motors?

Maybe I should call Jason Smith ??? Wonder what his boat will run with 800 HP per side ??/

Thanks,

Smitty
Old 08-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

In the same shoes as you (on a much different scale though). One thing to keep in mind here, as I think some have eluded to, you can sell low and also buy low. This might be net net in the end... Or al least it is looking that way for me.

Also, the interest rates might be the lowest now too. You wait to sell but you might be looking at 8.99% rather than the 7.99% that seems to be the going rate now.

Just some food for thought.

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling-- not sure where to price it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.