36 or 35 OL >

36 or 35 OL

Notices

36 or 35 OL

Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were several improvements made in the 35 which I really like including more space in the engine compartment and the shifters relocated on the left side of the helm. It is also a little more areodynamic then the 36.

The 35 with the same power will run a few MPH faster then the 36.

Having ridden in two 35's and driven one they do not have the ride quality of the 36 in my opinion but they do ride very well considered to other boats I have been on in the same size range.

I personally think the cuddy is nicer and larger in the 36 plus the McLeod interior was standard on the 36 and only an option on the 35.

My 36 is getting a complete face lift and Kevin Brown at Lakeway Boat Repair that has done some fiberglass work which includes removing the docking lights and gel coating the bilge told me that my boat is rock solid. It is a 2002 model with 428 hours! I personally like the old school stringer construction over the liner construction.

Try them both out and find the boat and the deal that best meets your needs. I'm sure you will be happy with either one.

Good luck
Old 09-29-2008, 08:36 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No baja.....get a formula or a donzi....or a 38 lightning.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

thanks Dock Holiday!! Thats what I was looking for. As for you Beaker, I will test drive as many as I can to find the one I like. You better keep your little 27 lake boat so you can skip around the ponds there in Mossouri! !LOL HA HA
Old 09-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
No baja.....get a formula or a donzi....or a 38 lightning.
You are right in that it takes a 38 Fountain to have the rough water capability and ride that you will get in the 35 or 36 Baja.

Formula = VERY Dated

Donzi = NICE
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree,,,, having been on both,,,,, Ill keep my 36 !!!!
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by tcuda499
thanks Dock Holiday!! Thats what I was looking for. As for you Beaker, I will test drive as many as I can to find the one I like. You better keep your little 27 lake boat so you can skip around the ponds there in Mossouri! !LOL HA HA
Glad I could help.

Good luck shopping and keep us posted on your decision.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
You are right in that it takes a 38 Fountain to have the rough water capability and ride that you will get in the 35 or 36 Baja.

Formula = VERY Dated

Donzi = NICE
Agreed on all 3 counts. Adding an extra very to very dated.

Dock, what's with the new avatar.... Did you decide to roll with the big motors?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered

35Ft if I had to suggest one...but I would go with a 32 Sunsation if your going to spend that kind of money! Better bang for your buck..

I would somewhat disagree with this statement. Not because I favor one brand over another, but because the Dom is not a comparible boat to the others.

If you are going to compare the Sun and the Baja, you really should compare the 32 Dom with a 30 Outlaw.

32 Dominator
Length 32" with swim platform
Beam 8'
Weight 6500 lb (dry) (with bbc)

30 Outlaw
Length 31' 9" with swim platform
Beam 8' 6"
Weight 7200 lb (dry) (with bbc)

I haven't had the pleasure of driving/riding a Dom, but I have a good bit of experience with the Baja. The Dom is a great looking boat, as is the Baja, but side by side, even the 30 Baja LOOKS larger than a 32 Dom.
I've had my 33 Outlaw next to 32 Dominators, and the Sunny looks positively small compared to the B.
In no way am I knocking the Sunsation. They are a great looking, good performing boat.
Let's say you took the Dom's steps and put them on a Baja 30 hull (maybe Reg will do that). If the steps gained you 7-8mph, wouldn't the performance of the Baja be real close to the Sun??
So how would a 32 Dom be more bang for the buck than a 35/36 Baja????????????

Last edited by pwam1; 09-29-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doesn't the 35 have better (much less) space in the cockpit between the front bolsters and the rear bench? If I have my boats straight, that was a big improvement.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cauzmik
35Ft if I had to suggest one...but I would go with a 32 Sunsation if your going to spend that kind of money! Better bang for your buck..
You know after second thought and after reading others posts...i realized that my first take on the question was wrong as well as my answer! If i can reevaluate..the 36Ft Baja is an outstanding boat like Dock has stated...The 35Ft has been tweaked a little more and their have been improvements which I feel put it ahead of the 36Ft...If your looking for a "big"boat I'd go with the 35Ft ..40Ft Baja's are nice but Heavy! If your looking for a boat built well with great customer service Baja is a good choice...All I meant by the Sunsation jab was take a look around...I'm looking at an Outerlimits SV40 right now...I just need more speed then I'm getting.

It's personal choice..my advice would be to test drive as many as you can..if you need to..come on down to Ontario and you can take my 35 out for a spin...

Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.