Somewhere else
14.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Baja NATIONAL Regatta

Old 11-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
LOTO, not just because I am prejudiced...

This being said... There are more places to stay and go than any other lake we have ever boated. Almost every bar/restaurant can handle an insurgence of Bajas for each meal or night life adventure...

The water is only really rough on Saturday... And depending on where you are it is not as brutal. You just need to plan your days accordingly.

I would also consider where would you be able to get some sponsorship help? LOTO has many places that know where their living comes from and generally are more open to helping out.
For selfish reasons I would like to see Table Rock. But, I agree with Bajaholic.... we could surely get some sponsorships and activities set up by the local area businesses at LOTO. You have Eddie down there that could line up all kinds of fun!!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOTO would be centrally located for sure. Safe bet on places to stay, eat, ect.
Put In Bay sounds cool too. Too cool if we do it early on in the year.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

I voted for LKN because I don't have a truck to tow anymore .
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

I voted LC. Accomodations are not a problem. Not even for the poker run.
The smaller boats would have no problem with rough water there either.
It would be a shame to keep people out of the deal if their boat isn't a wave crusher.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

I voted for LOTO. I have been boating on LOTO for 15 years in a 25' or smaller boat. I just don't go on Holiday weekends. Any other time I can go any where with no problems.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

My vote would be LOTO as well, however I like hitting new places.

I do have to admit though we took the 700 35 Outlaw to Cumberland for the PR 2007. We were all a litlle disappointed. The lake is nice and the boats were AWSOME, but the scenery, lack of nightlife, and the dry county (even though it did not stop our drinking) were a let down.

All 4 of us that made the 18hr trip from Omaha, have boated LOTO for at least 10 years each and we all missed the shoreline full of bars and beautiful houses.

Also, much like Loto, Cumberland got very rough in the congested areas.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered

LOTO sounds like it would fit the bill better.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

My $0.02.........
LOTO does have the highest population of Baja boats. No disputing that.
Most of us can't count as high as the number of bars LOTO has. I get stuck at 21!
There are more places to stay in that area that are affordable for most, have superior dockage, there are campgrounds with marinas (Public Beach #2 comes to mind) that rent slips & have sh!tters & showers.
It is centrally located East vs. West, North vs. South.
It is big enough for us to get lost on. There are numerous members here that can do the leg work with scouting locations for food, drink, lodging, bathing, parking, launching. The list goes on & on.
I'm not saying LOTO is THE place. But for an event this size & of the caliber I'm imagining (Remember, excess is not enough) LOTO seems to fit the bill better than anywhere else suggested.
The vote is not final. If you haven't voted or made your case, make it heard now!
I'd like to see this happen!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

LOTO FOLKS! Here is your chance to shine!
Make a plan amongst yourselves. Elect a lake leader. Solicit help from your business friends at LOTO.
I will elect myself as the "Cheif Pot Stirrer", unless someone else steps up to do so.
I will keep "the pot stirred" to keep this thing alive.
You know a person with media connections, make contact with them.
There is no limit to where we can take this!
This is a Baja event & will remain that way! There is no reason to be a site loyalist! This deal is open to everyone that owns a Baja. If you visit here or somewhere else you are welcome to this event!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 AM
DJF
Registered

There are not that many Baja folks that are willing to tow 12 to 18 hrs for a boating event. You can count them on your fingers without having to move to toes. I think you would attract very few first timers for LOTO and be competing with an established BAJA event. The organizers of the established Baja event would rightly be reluctant to provide much in the way of logistics support for a second event that would result in many owners having to choose between the two events. For the most part, everyone that has wanted to boat on LOTO has.

My vote is to move to the SE to establish a new event and plan on multiple years on the same lake as you have the opportunity to make it better each year.

Quick Reply: Baja NATIONAL Regatta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.