pop up bow light >

pop up bow light

Notices

pop up bow light

Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pop up bow light

Ok, my Baja 252 bow light is allways in the way of the anchor line, and it finally broke the plastic chrome cover off. thinkning about a pop up stainless one. 100-140 bucks

anyone put one on? howmuch do i have to cut on the fiberglass. work well? is there a better one to go with so the hole line up or anything?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I can tell there is not much work required to install them. It appears that you just have to enlarge the hole a little which is pretty easy.

Call Mike Mayes at CP Performance and talk with him about them. He is a very good guy and will give you a good price.

Doc
Old 02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pontiac:

Let us know how it goes. I looked at doing the same on my 25 Outlaw; but, there is a recess that the Perko light sits in. Looks like I'd have to do some fiberglass/gel coat work to make it fit.

Mike
Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have installed many here ,,,,,, the old ones required a template and saber saw,,,,, the new LED style mount in a circular hole drilled with a hole saw,,,, much easier !!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Make sure you have enough clearance for the drain cup and you will also need to run a drain through the hull. or at down to the bilge. The light is not sealed and water will come through.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Padraig
Make sure you have enough clearance for the drain cup and you will also need to run a drain through the hull. or at down to the bilge. The light is not sealed and water will come through.
Interesting that's good to know.

I guess if you have a drain in the anchor locker you could plumb it in to the existing line.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was the very reason that we went to the split nav. lights on the newer models. Seems like no matter what style single combo light you use, it will always be in the way as the boat moves in the wind.

The only problem with the pop-up light is finding someone sober enough to go to the nose of the boat at night....

XT
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
That was the very reason that we went to the split nav. lights on the newer models. Seems like no matter what style single combo light you use, it will always be in the way as the boat moves in the wind.

The only problem with the pop-up light is finding someone sober enough to go to the nose of the boat at night....

XT
do they make ones w/ a small motor that will automatically raise up when u turn the switch on? thats what i am looking for to install on ours.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Accon Marine makes one with the sylinoid, but it will not fit the 252 without some fiberglass repairs. Cost, is also kind of high on that unit. I need to see the new LED style that was mentioned.

XT
Old 02-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a cheap solution for you all.
After you set your anchor, take the line & loop it through the bow eye so you have a loop going through the bow eye. Take that loop up to the cleat & attach like the looped end of a dock line. Voila! You now have solved your bow light breakage problem.

Quick Reply: pop up bow light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.