The New H2X "Comments " >

The New H2X "Comments "

Notices

The New H2X "Comments "

Old 02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidewinder-Boats
What the heck is wrong with those seats?
They just "appear" to be seats out of an Overton's catalog that have been recovered. The Baja aero seats may not have been the best but at least "appeared" to be better quality. Some things just make the boat look cheaper and the seats are the weak point. I am not saying by any means that they are cheap though.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

What the heck is wrong with those seats?
I have been in a H2X, and I can tell you, in rough water with those seats your'e gonna fly sideways out of them.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

Speaking as a Checkmate guy most of the up roar was calling it a Checkmate. That hurt both people the Baja guys and the Checkmate guys. Thats fine if Doug Smith wants to recreate the H2X again but why call it the New Checkmate 244 ZT when its a H2X.

" THE RETRO H2X " by Checkmate

We all know that boat looks nothing like anything else that has ever rolled out of the Checkmate factory.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
Speaking as a Checkmate guy most of the up roar was calling it a Checkmate. That hurt both people the Baja guys and the Checkmate guys. Thats fine if Doug Smith wants to recreate the H2X again but why call it the New Checkmate 244 ZT when its a H2X.

" THE RETRO H2X " by Checkmate

We all know that boat looks nothing like anything else that has ever rolled out of the Checkmate factory.

Agreed, it doesn't look like the old checkmates but it is the "new" checkmate and it is now technicaly built by checkmate not Baja so therefore it is a new checkmate. We can debate the name all we want and call it an old Baja but at the end of the day it is a Checkmate.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

What would have been cool is CH2X. that brings the two together.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Purple-
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but right now the race is under yellow so here is IMO---When you buy the factory and pay all the bills you can call the boat anything you want to. Until then your just another guy that doesn't have anything else to do on Sunday afternoon than ***** about something that really don't make a sh*t and won't change anything. I guess Smith forgot to call you and ask your opinion. Give it a break!!!!
Jay

Last edited by never enuff; 02-15-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3030hunter
What would have been cool is CH2X. that brings the two together.
A nice mix of 2 brands. Chex Mix?

Checkmix? Hmmm, that might be a winner!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
I just dont get it, you have Checkmate guys going nuts on their forums claiming the new boat is crap and cant hold a candle to a "real' Check, you have Baja guys on their forums claiming the new one will be inferior to "the real thing."

No offense to anyone, but we are not talking about MTIs, Outerlimits, Cigarettes, Panteras, or Apaches here. Checkmate and Baja are both entry level performance boats, people need to get over it.
Entry level compared to what? If you say the obove mentioned MTI's, Outerlimits, etc. Well, then most boats are entry level compared to them.

So are we talking entry level compared to say Regal, Rinker, Formula, ________, __________. Fill in some blanks for me, I'm really interested.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
DJF
Registered

Entry level compared to what? If you say the obove mentioned MTI's, Outerlimits, etc. Well, then most boats are entry level compared to them.

So are we talking entry level compared to say Regal, Rinker, Formula, ________, __________. Fill in some blanks for me, I'm really interested.
Donzi, Fountain, Formula, Pantera.......
Old 02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots of stuff gets carried over from the old days and not updated. Like when small OB Checkmates would wind up with cracked hulls millions of years ago. Those were little 14 and 16 footers that were smashing through rough water and being abused.

Both are now great boats, and definitely target a distinct market. I never like the Baja graphics, but love the new H2X . Checkmate's styling never really caught my eye, but boats are much more than just that. If Checkmate builds a better H2X than Baja did, then guess what? Checkmate can make some sales and earn some new customers. In this market, that counts for a lot.

Judging from the Fountain site, they have no real plans for marketing the new Baja by Fountain. So....... If Checkmate can take advantage of the hate Reggie bit and lure Baja owners over to their side, it makes good business sense. The new H2 is a great looking boat. Congratulate Checkmate for making a brave decision to make a great boat in these tough times.

Quick Reply: The New H2X "Comments "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.