The New H2X "Comments "

Notices

The New H2X "Comments "

Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
I would rather have a money pit that floats,

I have first hand experience with many boat brands, from Tiara to CorrectCraft, start up companies to industry giants. I have helped evaluate the design tools (CAD) that many manufacturers use. Its just that I have seen a disconnect between what I have seen and heard first hand about Checkmate, and what owners themselves say about them. They are a great boat for the money, I am not sure anyone would argue that.

Thats what started my confusion and my hope to find some truth or at least common ground in this matter. I am just trying to understand how a Checkmate owner could call a Baja a piece of crap. Well, they would be right about the 405 with the liner system...

I think perhaps its just a battle like Ford vs. Chevy, where the arguement is much to dramtic to even understand.
That's what I thought you were egging me on trying to get me to say a Baja was a piece of crap. Would I own a Baja or Formula $ell no because I like a Checkmate. I don't like alot of the build procedures that went into some Baja's but thats me. Do I like the New H2X Checkmate NO. It looks like a big bath tub with seats to me. Is it built good, yes with the same quality that goes in a Checkmate went into this boat I can vouch for.

Theirs alot of people that seem to like the H2X and thats fine

I would really like to know what the down falls are of a Checkmate you speak of

Last edited by PURPLE HORNET; 02-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
That's what I thought you were egging me on trying to get me to say a Baja was a piece of crap. Would I own a Baja or Formula $ell no because I like a Checkmate. I don't like alot of the build procedures that went into some Baja's but thats me. Do I like the New H2X Checkmate NO. It looks like a big bath tub with seats to me. Is it built good, yes with the same quality that goes in a Checkmate went into this boat I can vouch for.

Theirs alot of people that seem to like the H2X and thats fine
Nah, no egging, if you feel thats way your entitled to your opinion. Im trying to figure out if my and others opinions of Checkmate is correct, or if they really are that much better than an entry level go fast boat.

Downfalls? No, just you can only do so much for x amount of production dollars. Wood construction, rigging, thrifty looking dashes and cabins; similar to what makes a Baja look like a Baja and not a more expensive brand...

Any other Checkmate opinions out there? Possibly from a neutral boater, that does not own a Baja or a Check?

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 02-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

You guys are debating the quality of Checkmates in the Baja section? I guess it must be winter back east.

I know nothing about Checkmates but OSO has a Checkmate section and I'm sure the people there will have plenty of info for you (although I'm sure, as Tristar said, they may be a little biased).

Why is it that people need to make comments about other people's boats? I'm sure Checkmate makes a fine boat that many people enjoy. If some of their owners feel that their boats are the best thing next to a Top Gun or a Outerlimits, well they are entitled to their opinions.

Last edited by BajaFresh; 02-16-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
You guys are debating the quality of Checkmates in the Baja section?

I know nothing about Checkmates but OSO has a Checkmate section and I'm sure the people there will have plenty of info for you (although I'm sure, as Tristar said, they may be a little biased).
True, but it was a thread in the Baja section about a new Checkmate.

I was hoping to get some input from some boat builders (past and present), I know there are a few that frequent the Baja section.

Ill stop with the questions and let it be. Its just a bummer though to see both the Baja camp and the Checkmate camp so against this new boat. I think the two groups of people are more alike then they care to know.

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
If some of their owners feel that their boats are the best thing next to a Top Gun or a Outerlimits, well they are entitled to their opinions.
Absolutely right. But that does not make it true. Im searching for reality here, so I dont assume its an entry level high performance boat when its not.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 02-16-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Its just a bummer though to see both the Baja camp and the Checkmate camp so against this new boat. I think the two groups of people are more alike then they care to know.
I agree. You'd think performance boat people would happy to see any new boat being produced regardless of where the mold came from. I guess the people at Checkmate aren't really marketing the boat to current Baja owners or maybe even current Checkmate owners. More likely they are trying to sell to the Bayliner, Maxim, Rinker, etc. folks that want a sportier, faster boat and don't care where the mold came from or who used to own it.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered

Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered

I just dont get it, you have Checkmate guys going nuts on their forums claiming the new boat is crap and cant hold a candle to a "real' Check, you have Baja guys on their forums claiming the new one will be inferior to "the real thing."

No offense to anyone, but we are not talking about MTIs, Outerlimits, Cigarettes, Panteras, or Apaches here. Checkmate and Baja are both entry level performance boats, people need to get over it.
THANK YOU, YOU SAID IT BOTH ENTRY LEVEL BOATSfor highperformance as with formula and donzi, there not skater or ol. man I have only run against 1 or 2 CHs here where I live one was when my boat was stock beat all the time. and with all the hot rod motors I win a lot use to since its been 05 since Iwas out enuff to run someone 06 was testing and killed a donzi 22big block and my buddies 24superboat. there a nice production boat as the above boats. I can't believe these guys got there panties all ruffed up over something new cm is doing, there old boats 80s early 90s were nice but new ones are ugly to me and yes my family owneda cm when Iwas a teen it was fun.