Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
All I Did Was Ask A Simple ???????? >

All I Did Was Ask A Simple ????????

Notices

All I Did Was Ask A Simple ????????

Old 03-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No beak on the 40 outlaw. Sorry guys. What your getting is the bottom of a Fountain combined with the ugly top deck of a Baja. Just kidding about the ugly, but that is serious what the new 40' is. Its the hull of the 42 Lightning. Top deck of Baja. NO BEAK. That is exclusive to Fountain.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Registered

And not to mention it is suppose to be priced way lower than the Fountain. No idea about speeds.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
No beak on the 40 outlaw. Sorry guys. What your getting is the bottom of a Fountain combined with the ugly top deck of a Baja. Just kidding about the ugly, but that is serious what the new 40' is. Its the hull of the 42 Lightning. Top deck of Baja. NO BEAK. That is exclusive to Fountain.
Not a big fountain follower here, was the 42 lightning straight or step? as long as they keep the baja deck, should be a good looking boat.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered

twin step
Old 03-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Those boys over in the Fountain section sure are touchy. Seem to be personally insulted that Baja is now part of the Fountain family.
Bet they're really upset with Reggie!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Nobody what to comment about sinking at the dock issues ??? I have personally seen it happen.
are you talking about 32 up at put in bay That was my freind Keith 43000 damage, how would ya like getting out of bed with wet feet He was lucky to get his new interior from fountain before they close

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 03-22-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I have a great time in rough water, and still have all my teeth.

My cabin carpet is fresh as a daisy, as was the carpet in the last one. I do see that some have that problem, I'd take a damp carpet over a broken bulkhead, like the 35 OL that just got thrown up on here, any day. Don't see that complaint pop up on the Fountains, though I do believe you could break anything if you put your mind to it. The wet cabin most often, from what I see, results from sitting with the bow down. Might do your Fountain 101 research before you play expert.

You might also dig into why Brunswick closed Baja. Not profitable for them at all, high warranty costs, in some cases resulting in buy backs and replacement boats. Two boats for the price of one apparently does nothing for the bottom line. What about those liner "issues" ??? How about the deal a couple years back when Baja was to build the Pachanga for Sea Ray to market? Dropped due to build quality not up to Sea Ray standards? Who is fixing warranty problems on Baja's now? Sea Ray?
I guess your a fountain expert If you were you wouldnt have wasted your money on a 35 you would have bought 38 or 42 By the way as of 3-23-09 Fountain stock will no longer be traded on the NY stock market
You can by 8333.33 shares 1000 bucks thats equal to 12 cents a share
Old 03-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I have a great time in rough water, and still have all my teeth.

My cabin carpet is fresh as a daisy, as was the carpet in the last one. I do see that some have that problem, I'd take a damp carpet over a broken bulkhead, like the 35 OL that just got thrown up on here, any day. Don't see that complaint pop up on the Fountains, though I do believe you could break anything if you put your mind to it. The wet cabin most often, from what I see, results from sitting with the bow down. Might do your Fountain 101 research before you play expert.

You might also dig into why Brunswick closed Baja. Not profitable for them at all, high warranty costs, in some cases resulting in buy backs and replacement boats. Two boats for the price of one apparently does nothing for the bottom line. What about those liner "issues" ??? How about the deal a couple years back when Baja was to build the Pachanga for Sea Ray to market? Dropped due to build quality not up to Sea Ray standards? Who is fixing warranty problems on Baja's now? Sea Ray?
I guess your a fountain expert If you were you wouldnt have wasted your money on a 35 you would have bought 38 or 42 By the way as of 3-23-09 Fountain stock will no longer be traded on the NY stock market
You can by 8333.33 shares 1000 bucks thats equal to 12 cents a share
Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
He was lucky to get his new interior from fountain before they close
What? Did they file a Chapter 7 or something?

Bob, you need to start drinking again then post about 1 am. These threads have been VERY entertaining!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

April 11 early birds at Kellys can you tell Im board ,you get tired of the sny baja remarks. you know what I mean This **** is exactly what fueled my fire In making CRAYOLA CRAZY A MISSLE none of those boys will take my bets

Quick Reply: All I Did Was Ask A Simple ????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.