Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja's: Hard To Beat >

Baja's: Hard To Beat

Notices

Baja's: Hard To Beat

Old 09-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

it's not the boat, the length, the paint or the horsepower...at the end of the day, the smile is the only thing that really matters
Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
bought a 272 brand new, put over 700 hours on it.

38 special,,,, sorry 38 owners,,, I hated it,,,, drove like a cruiser.

have a 36 outlaw now,,,,, absolutly love it.

with the cockpit and cabin space in this boat, its perfect for the boating we do

How in the world were you able to sell a boat with 700 hours on it? My 2000, 25 Outlaw was perfect in all aspects and only had 350 hours on it and everyone that looked at it comented on how clean it was but passed because they thought it had high hours.....Go figure.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I have had my outlaw/240sport well I have the faring instead of a windshield lost it in a 12 wave on a stuff back in 93. well its been 19yrs and even raced it apba. gone from 330hp to 585hp to 595hp to 637 hp to 647 hp to 670hp from 62 mph to mid 80s. custom bolsters motor hatch with scoop so on. loved itkicked a lot of azz in the 90s before steps and still kicked some after just had to drive a lil crazier to get the speed. I was all set to buy another hull this summer leaning more at 3 30sutphens in diff shapes. I bought a konrad ace drive and a 572 blower motor from DEAN GELLNER and thought it was time to move a lil bigger. but I am dragging my feet cause that 24 is one of the best rides I have had and kills the 24x7 hulls, DON WAS RIGHT WHEN HE TOLD CHARLIE at BANANA YOU WANT A 8FOOT BEAM NOT THE 7 FOOT. Thats why there are so many 7ft hulls around Don did not care who splashed it he threw it out back of the shop and used the 8 for his 24 and 27 and slod charlie a 8ft beam to make banana. I just wish baja made the cockpit a part of the deck to make a stronger boat. but I HAVE ADDED RIBS to the side of mine and if I keep it will add a ring bulkhead in the cabin and make the rear bulkhead full size where the backseat is. but I will be the only one with a boat under 30ft in my group of friends. I thought about the 29 used but I don't think I will find one cheap in the 10 to 15 grand which the other 30s are at they need work, and I can get a new blank hull from a few differnt builders in the 30 to 50g range. a new hull would be nice but thats a lot of cash no loan to spend. I have been on a lot of long trips with my ol its been from mass to ny city/ mass to block island a lot/ mass to long island twice/ mass to NH and the islands down the cape MV and NANTUCKET a few times I think baja is as good as any other boat like formula my buddys has rattles just like others I have been on the new outerlimits are being made with out the regular stringer set up looks like what baja and formula did but theres is made of CF and kevlar and reinforced with metal backing platesthat have coring attached real cool stuff. there new 44 has it and there going to have two new hulls for maimi show. I really liked the new 30 and 35, and think the 25ol was stepping up from what I was thinking with better bulkheads at rear seat and in front at cabin instead of plexi glass bulkheads. so who knows maybe I will have the strongest fastest 24 ever built in the spring cause even if I am still out on disability, and still disabled with my knees and back and shoulders I am not going to miss another year 3 has been to long. AIG ASKED me to settle and said if I don't take it they will ride me out and will never ask to settle again and I said fine but you need to keep covering my knees cause since they made me change DOCs for my replacement surgery and its phucked up I am still in huge monstrous pain more than before surgery and the doc says give it a yr well on the 18th its a year. and they said take the money and we cut you loose which is not how it works so if my posts are screwed up its the OCs AND PERCS I am still on so sorry. but anyways I am working out on my own and try and drop the pills and power they are slowly and will ask for them to go back in and clean out or cut out the scare tissue that stops me from getting better. sorry for venting boats yes so I PLAN on going to lotto with my boat next year and Gerry and his 46 turbine skater to see if we can break a 100 on both boats hahaah. its been nice to ride in that think 2 summers in a row and with all the others who have taken me under there wing. and if I keep it I will have my old motor to run class p6 or p5 in racing by next summer even if its the calm races only. see yah
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by phragle
it's not the boat, the length, the paint or the horsepower...at the end of the day, the smile is the only thing that really matters
TRUE
Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive seen 496 merc with over
3000 hrs and running strong.
Ask off shore performance in
fort myers. Oil coolers must
be changed every 7 to 800 hrs.
plus regular maintence.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

We just got back from Cumberland Poker, Baja's also carry by far the hottest chick's.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've read some comments that stated people from afar, from the beach, whatever, couldn't tell what the boat was or how much it cost, etc...

Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks of your boat? If anyone's impressed with you because of your boat, you're not impressing the right kind of people.

Whatever floats and whatever you can make do with, enjoy. Just remember, those looking from land, well, they're on land.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
How in the world were you able to sell a boat with 700 hours on it? My 2000, 25 Outlaw was perfect in all aspects and only had 350 hours on it and everyone that looked at it comented on how clean it was but passed because they thought it had high hours.....Go figure.
Right person right place right time !!!!????

The boat wasnt even for sale !!!!

Guy found me and said he was talking to a guy at a bar about a 272 running the river he really liked.

Happened to be a friend of mine and told him I was toying with the idea of stepping up.

Same as yours,,,, it looked like a 50 hour boat,,, you'd never know without looking at the hour meter.

Got a great deal on the boat,,,, bought a 97,,,, end of seaon deal sept of 97,,,,, sold it in 04 for within 7K of what I paid brand new.

But like I said,,,, it was perfect, and boat prices were going through the roof back then
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Spot
We just got back from Cumberland Poker, Baja's also carry by far the hottest chick's.
Same here. and your right,,,,,, rarely have I seen such a concentration of beautiful women.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There's nothing wrong with those kinds of hours on a boat that's taken care of. The one I worry about are the neglected, low-hour boats. Just like cars with low mileage. Something's wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.