Benefits of an Ext Box ? >

Benefits of an Ext Box ?

Notices

Benefits of an Ext Box ?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
If you use the Everett Performance shaft it is great. It is a slide on shaft. You dont have to change your yoke. You can keep your coupler and wont have to remove the bellhousing. It is $550 new and supposedly works better than the IMCO set up - Randy at Stellings told me that.

You will not have to reprogram the ECU either...

I have a great line on a Stellings neutral box and IMCO steering that I am going forward with. Just have to find the 2" shorty to complete the project. I do want to add the new CMI e-tops but it may not be this off season.
what does the box have to do with the ecu? I have seen new imco boxes for 1500 to 2000 on here, so I hope the stellings is in that price. also can you still put the stellings up one inch? if you can do it. cause 3'' with the 12'' set back should work best, it did in the 25ol with the 525. running 63 that low you might not see the gains the 525 boat got. well my new drive is a konrad ace x factor, its a shortie by them and should handle the blower motor a lot better than the bravo1x drive I bought last year.keep me posted with pm's or on here. good luck
Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
what does the box have to do with the ecu?

From what I have been told from other users with the Stellings box is that in certain instances the universal joints will set off your knock sensor. Now this does not happen in every instance but rather some.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I have seen new imco boxes for 1500 to 2000 on here, so I hope the stellings is in that price. also can you still put the stellings up one inch?

Yes, it is in that range but it also includes IMCO single ram steering.

It is a neutral box so no adjustment. It is coming off a 2002 25 OL that Baja used for a tour boat?? It was installed from the factory.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

From what I have been told from other users with the Stellings box is that in certain instances the universal joints will set off your knock sensor. Now this does not happen in every instance but rather some.

+1,
That can happen on the 496's.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it is in that range but it also includes IMCO single ram steering.

It is a neutral box so no adjustment. It is coming off a 2002 25 OL that Baja used for a tour boat?? It was installed from the factory.
You must be talking about a used IMCO box, the wing bracket and the steering ram. Please tell us where one can find this package for 1200-1500.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I would suspect the 25 that Doc drove had a stock length lower with a deep x dimension. That combination would indeed make the boat slow & enable it to carry the nose to excess.
Setup is the key. You need to know where you are at on the x dimension 1st.
Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
All the singles that Baja Marine put together were "too low" on the "x". That includes both the 25 OL, and the last 26 OL that was at the 2007 Dealer Meeting. It had no speed advantage, and the handling was poor. Lesson learned.

XT
Yes the one I drove was an after thought and did not work. I'm glad to hear that some folks have played with the "X" and actually seen increases in speed and improvements in handling.

As always a lot of good information here.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
3) Neutral Imco box with a -2" shorty lower .
That looks like me right there Jason.

Adam has it calculated that the prop shaft will end up 1-11/16 inch higher than it is stock.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 10-21-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
That looks like me right there Jason.

Adam has it calculated that the prop shaft will end up 1-11/16 inch higher than it is stock.
That is good!
I really wish IMCO would make a -3" SCX drive. That would be what I need.
I can't wait to see your boat all dressed up with a sexy new ass!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
You must be talking about a used IMCO box, the wing bracket and the steering ram. Please tell us where one can find this package for 1200-1500.

Yes, it is used but a Stelling box with IMCO steering.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

I see ,boy that would sux.the stellings box you can run neutral or raised 1'' right? if you can do that with the 2'' shortie to make sure you are in clean water. the guy from germany got the most out of his 525 with a total of 3'' raised and with his 600sc motor he was at 4'' ,he tried 5'' but it was to high so went back to 4''. thats what I am doing with my new boat setting it at 4'' prop shaft with a 8'' box in a 28 saber hull with my blown 572. and will part out the 24 or keep it play with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.