Question about 1999 272's >

Question about 1999 272's

Notices

Question about 1999 272's

Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cpiefer06
You know I hope I won't regret asking this question but oh well here goes. Were there any known issues with the 1999 272 series? I only ask because it seems there many in the know on here and I would love to know. We haven't had it very long and it seems to be pretty solid and it ran very well at LOTO last Labor Day in rough water. I know one issue is the rear vent design wasn't thought out very well but that isn't a big issue to me. Looking for any BIG issue anyone would know about.

Thanks.
I've had my 01' for 4yrs and 200hrs. Great boat!

A few small issues I've had are the stock amp for the stereo is junk.
Headliner in cabin comes unglued and falls down a little.
Water collects in the front bilge under the little step in the cabin. (could lead to cabin floor rot if not kept dry IMO)

Again nothing major....

Remember: a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into. The older the boat the bigger the hole.

mb.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by specialk
They stopped growing 11 years ago. (the day I got married)
Thats why I said grow a pair,,,,,, as the originals are neatly stored in a box located in your wifes purse only allowed to be used on special occasions determined at her discretion
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Registered

Can you elaborate on the hull tapping a bit? I am assuming you mean to take a small hammer and tap the complete hull and then any soft spots will show??? I then figure if you find any you are done for using it until they are fixed? Would imagine not cheap, are you better off not knowing? LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you elaborate on the hull tapping a bit? I am assuming you mean to take a small hammer and tap the complete hull and then any soft spots will show??? I then figure if you find any you are done for using it until they are fixed? Would imagine not cheap, are you better off not knowing? LOL
What you don't know will never hurt you!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered

I hope this was a joke, if not DO NOT DO THAT. haha like tapping a melon before you buy it you will here the difference.

Use you knuckels
Old 01-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Registered

I have to admit after reading the last post I was laughing quite hard. I truly had never heard of tapping and had no real idea of what it meant other than a basic idea wasn't thinking about knuckles though, does make more sense now that you mention it. I am glad I could give some of you the laugh you got from that question and that's why I love this site, so much knowledge here for us with little to tap.