Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
25OL..Stellings Box..IMCO shorty.. >

25OL..Stellings Box..IMCO shorty..

Notices

25OL..Stellings Box..IMCO shorty..

Old 06-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25OL..Stellings Box..IMCO shorty..

Well I have some initial results to post. I am still trying to get the feel for it but here are some numbers...

BEFORE:

24P B1 4600 RPM:

Easy on plane, no blow out, max RPM was 4600 RPM no matter where it was trimmed 62 MPH. I liked the feel but was lacking top end. These numbers were mid summer (80 Deg) 1/2- 3/4 fuel 2 people

AFTER:

24P B1 5050-5100

Still very easy on plane, I could get 5000 RPM will ease and with trim could see 5050 or more.....full fuel 96 Gal, 2 people, and saw 65 MPH. It still lacked alot with the trim but RPM's were up. I really think there is more as my slip seems to be the biggest thing that increased. I have a 25P M+ I want to try and thing I might be able to spin a 26P B1?? These are all numbers based off first day...1 ft chop 15-20MPH wind
Old 06-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered

I had the 23P M+ on yesterday and the results were not so good. It still gets on plane with ease but that is where it ends. The fuel was starting to get lighter, roughly around 1/2 to 3/4 tank but "felt" lighter. Any trim at all and it blows out bad.....even with trim in and tabs a touch "1/2" down it'll blow out. At a cruise speed of 30-35 MPH and give it gas is just blows out.

WOT on the rev limiter was only 61 MPH. I just could not trim it enought to "loosen" it up. I think is one was going to use this prop a drive spacer would have to be used. I am still not certain that I don't need to put one in now. My dimension from bottom is 3".

I have a 25 M+ to try next weekend but I suspect the 3 blade will perform the same as the others. I would like to get my hands on a 26P B1 to try yet this summer.

I still know that with the current set-up the only real gain I have with the current props is slip. I am no expert on this so it is all trail and error for me.

More testing to come.....
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I had the 23P M+ on yesterday and the results were not so good. It still gets on plane with ease but that is where it ends. The fuel was starting to get lighter, roughly around 1/2 to 3/4 tank but "felt" lighter. Any trim at all and it blows out bad.....even with trim in and tabs a touch "1/2" down it'll blow out. At a cruise speed of 30-35 MPH and give it gas is just blows out.

WOT on the rev limiter was only 61 MPH. I just could not trim it enought to "loosen" it up. I think is one was going to use this prop a drive spacer would have to be used. I am still not certain that I don't need to put one in now. My dimension from bottom is 3".

I have a 25 M+ to try next weekend but I suspect the 3 blade will perform the same as the others. I would like to get my hands on a 26P B1 to try yet this summer.

I still know that with the current set-up the only real gain I have with the current props is slip. I am no expert on this so it is all trail and error for me.

More testing to come.....
Your prop height is too high Wayne!!!!! Drop it down about a inch- 1.25" and you'll see better results!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

wait a minute you picked up 3 mph with a 4 blade and more rpm = speed. now you put a 3 blade on and slip, DON'T TOUCH THE HEIGHT until you try a 26 b1 prop . you may get 67 out of it at 4800 call bblades by a 26 if it works like I said then send it back and pay for labbing = another 2 to 3 mph. never ever put a 3 blade on a raised x or drive there made 3 blades for DEEP drive heights. if you space down then just sell the box you will still be at 62. there have been boats on here airtime 24ol and a 25ol that have picked up big # with a shortie or box and both. I will look going back 2 yrs ago for his posts
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Registered

He's also running a Imco -2 Shorty on it..
Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

You went to all the work to get your drive height
where it needs to be, three blades aren't going
to work anymore.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
to work anymore.
I really don't like the feel of the 3 Blade but I had it at the cottage at thought I would try it.....didn't like it.

As Irish said, I may put the stock lower back on just to see what happens. That would give me a 5" drive height, still an inch shorter than stock but will give me another variable to work with.

I am trying to find a 26P B1 to try this weekend.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

as stated I would leave it alone until you try a 26 it looks like your going to need a bigger prop. if it was me I would call bblades pay for a 26 and try it then tell brett ok its low on rpms by 200 and slips out of the hole then he gets you more rpms and speed and gets it grab, but you said it does not slip anyway. if you can get a labbed 26 b1 to 5000= 72 to 73 mph. WILDCHILD from germany had a 250l 525 3'' raised imco box went from 74 to 81, then put a 600merc plus a 2'' shortie tested and went to 1 '' spacer perfect = up 4''. I put a 2'' shorie and carb change went from 76 to 83.2 ran out of prop. I think your dead on a 5 blade might work better. I have set my prop shaft on my new Saber 28 at 3'' with a konrad box and ace drive thats what they said and mine is a straight bottom no steps. so call brett you got 5 grand in new lift what 475 for a prop and a few extra to lab it to YOUR BOAT not a general lab like merc does. I want to see this ***** fly the Donzi guys are picking on us again.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
to work anymore.
+1 sell all your 3 blade props Wayne unless your planning to take off the box.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
+1 sell all your 3 blade props Wayne unless your planning to take off the box.
+2

You are at the right RPM (5100). Send the Bravo One prop back to BBlades and get a touch more cup. The 496 makes max power right near where you are (5100). Why do you want to run at 4800 RPM?

Last edited by Keith Atlanta; 06-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.