Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties >

Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties

Notices

Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties

Old 11-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
If you want to mount them like Ozark Devil I have the mounts to do it...
Thanks for the pictures and information... we re going to plug up the bracket holes and go with the box mount.

Originally Posted by indywhsle
If you have a bravo drive, I have two long input shafts. You will need one with the box. I will sell cheap. Let me know if you are interested.
OK, now what does this mean? What is a long input shaft?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil
Powder coat candy red
I'm still in love with that! Thanks again for letting us tie up with you at the Shootout & for the waters! I owe you & will gladly share my water with you & your crew any time.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
OK, now what does this mean? What is a long input shaft?
If you put an extension box on it sets your drive back from the transom. The longer shaft is needed to connect the drive to the engine. Think of it as a drive shaft in a car. The further you get the rear end back the longer the drive shaft will need to be.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by indywhsle
If you put an extension box on it sets your drive back from the transom. The longer shaft is needed to connect the drive to the engine. Think of it as a drive shaft in a car. The further you get the rear end back the longer the drive shaft will need to be.
That is a concern of mine. I have spoken to a few people about this and they said I can use my current steering actuator if it is mounted on the extension box.

But if I used the transom mount then the longer shaft would be needed or with the bracket Dave posted a picture of would it also not be needed?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a concern of mine. I have spoken to a few people about this and they said I can use my current steering actuator if it is mounted on the extension box.

But if I used the transom mount then the longer shaft would be needed or with the bracket Dave posted a picture of would it also not be needed?
If you put a box on everything related to the back of the boat moves back by 12". Steering lines, trim lines, water lines, drive line/shaft. It all moves. So, you'll either need the wing brackets for the steering arms on the box or you'll need longer transom mounts for the steering. There is no way around it. It has to be done just as the sun rises in the East & sets in the West.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
If you put a box on everything related to the back of the boat moves back by 12". Steering lines, trim lines, water lines, drive line/shaft. It all moves. So, you'll either need the wing brackets for the steering arms on the box or you'll need longer transom mounts for the steering. There is no way around it. It has to be done just as the sun rises in the East & sets in the West.

The 12" and the repositioning concept I get.... my wife tells me about this all the time.

So, going with the "wing brackets" I am good with the existing steering actuator. Just need longer steering and trim lines.

Dave, can you post a picture of your steering set up? Just so I completely understand this.... I am not the sharpest tack in the box at times.

Thanks guys for the help.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has rams mounted to the boxes.I changed my steering hoses to come thru the boxes. I had to get longer 1 1/4 water inlet hose and drive bottle hose but not the trim pump. The trim pumps tend to have a longer hose than needed from the factory.I went up 2 inches with box and only picked up about 2 MPH but my prop slip numbers went way up so I am going back down 1" with the box.
Attached Thumbnails Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties-1994-32-caliber-007.jpg   Any Pictures of Extension Boxs and/or Shorties-32-caliber-021.jpg  
Old 11-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Mine has rams mounted to the boxes.I changed my steering hoses to come thru the boxes. I had to get longer 1 1/4 water inlet hose and drive bottle hose but not the trim pump. The trim pumps tend to have a longer hose than needed from the factory.I went up 2 inches with box and only picked up about 2 MPH but my prop slip numbers went way up so I am going back down 1" with the box.
Brain41 thanks for the info and pictures.

When you talk about going and down are you talking about the X-dimension? Is this adjustable with extension box or do you have cut this in the transom?

BTW I like how you have your lines coming from the extension box... looks really clean.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

On 25 OL.....

Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brain41 thanks for the info and pictures.

When you talk about going and down are you talking about the X-dimension? Is this adjustable with extension box or do you have cut this in the transom?

BTW I like how you have your lines coming from the extension box... looks really clean.

Yes raising and now lowering the X-dimension.Mine are the Stellings adjustable boxes 0,1" or 2" up with u-joint drive shaft and I am also using the 2" shorties

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.