Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
what do you guys think..29 outlaw >

what do you guys think..29 outlaw

Notices

what do you guys think..29 outlaw

Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Like was said the boat is underpowered, should run LOW 60's. Most of the 29's with twin 385's run 68 on GPS. Looks like the boat may have sat in the water, or at least the bottom of the outdrive. The owner did not take the time to keep the props and outdrive cleaned.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know about all these knuckle heads saying don't pay more than $20-25K. I just sold a very clean 200 hour 1999 29OL with 7.4s in it for $44K in August. Just depends on how bad the guy needs to sell it.

Of course there's salt and some possible interior issues on this one. Hard to say without laying eyes on it.

I agree with low 60s for speed. Mine with 310s ran 62 on GPS. Might see 63 with 20 more HP and a little less weight with small blocks. Working in that bilge would be nice.

Last edited by Baja_342; 01-12-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just went and looked at it...the interior needs a GOOD cleaning, the tires are probably shot because their mostly flat. The outdrives arnt discolored anymore so im assuming they painted them. Theres some dock rash on it, but nothing horrible i guess. The bottom didnt have any signs on it to show me it was beached. The salesman told me straight up this was the time to move it for them because they have a boatshow next week and the lot was full. He said they will have alot of trade ins from the show. I told him I knew theyve had it for awhile. So I gave him my number and he's gonna go to the main office and ask about what their bottom line is. I think 25-30k is too low. Its not an individual, its at a dealer. But, we'll see what he says. Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_302
I don't know about all these knuckle heads saying don't pay more than $20-25K. I just sold a very clean 200 hour 1999 29OL with 7.4s in it for $44K in August. Just depends on how bad the guy needs to sell it.
It seems alot of people are under the impression that every boat listed is too high and it is a fire sale......and every boat listed can be bought for penies on the dollar.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Its not salt on the drives, its lime from the limestone in the lakes in the Austin area. A little LCR and scrubbing takes it right off.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Its not salt on the drives, its lime from the limestone in the lakes in the Austin area. A little LCR and scrubbing takes it right off.
makes since, went and REALLY looked at it again this evening, you can see where the sun hit the sunpad, i think the whole sunpad will need to be re-upholstered...they must have had it on a lift with the drives halfway in the water.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Registered

Hi Mr knucklehead here Ok in fall of 05 I almost bought an 05 Baja 30 outlaw(new) it had 496s and was a nice boat.Price with a trailer was 114k.Now this boat has a cheaper engine option(at least 15k) so would I be correct in my assumption that sticker on this boat in 02 was low 80s?
Lets also remember that this boat is almost 10 years old and resale is going to be tough because it is a low 60s boat tops.I am not saying its a bad boat could be a lot of fun if you are willing to accept the fact that to get to even 70 mph is going to be expensive.
You need to buy this right because if you want to sell it in two years you can price it at a number low enough to move it.
also due to its age you could put 10k into a boat like this very easy so I again say 21 to 25k.

Last edited by Expensive Date; 01-12-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Hi Mr knucklehead here Ok in fall of 05 I almost bought an 05 Baja 30 outlaw(new) it had 496s and was a nice boat.Price with a trailer was 114k.Now this boat has a cheaper engine option(at least 15k) so would I be correct in my assumption that sticker on this boat in 02 was low 80s?
Lets also remember that this boat is almost 10 years old and resale is going to be tough because it is a low 60s boat tops.I am not saying its a bad boat could be a lot of fun if you are willing to accept the fact that to get to even 70 mph is going to be expensive.
You need to buy this right because if you want to sell it in two years you can price it at a number low enough to move it.
also due to its age you could put 10k into a boat like this very easy so I again say 21 to 25k.
But would it be able to be bought at that price????
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
But would it be able to be bought at that price????

Maybe/maybe not he would still be ok with low 30s really got to check that trailer good too.10 years is a long time and if the dealer has had it for a few years it may have been worth that when they got it but in my opinion its not now.
With the 6.2s its a real oddball they are great motors for what they are but as this dealer found out resale is tuff.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Bingo...Don't over pay. I'm putting my 25 Outlaw up for sale. If I can move for not too big of a loss (yes I'm going to take a loss due to whern i bought it) I want to get into something bigger for actually less then my 25.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.