Swim Platform height location >

Swim Platform height location

Notices

Swim Platform height location

Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swim Platform height location

I am picking up a new tubular swim platform from Extreme Marine this week, and was hopeing someone could give me the measurement from the top of their platform to the rubrail. It is going on a 99 25' outlaw. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

I have a 2001 OL25 and I will take a look at it tonight. If you notice the rubrail on the back has a little bit of a curve and i am guessing you need to get a measurement from the middle (where the toe rope hook is). Looking at it yesterday since I am putting my name there I think it about 6", but I will confirm tonight and let you know.
C
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

I measured the swim platform and from the middle of the boat (rope tow) down from the top of the rubrail it is 7 3/4". That is to the top of the swim platform. If you go to the starboard and the port side it is 6 3/4" down to the top of the swim platform. This is not to the mounting brackets, only to the top side of the platform. Hope this helps.
C
Old 04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Thanks chrsbaja - that is what I was looking for!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Guys - I have the platform and drilled all the holes, but I need some suggestions for sealing these holes. Should I caulk each bolt before pushing it through the transom, caulk the back of the platform around the bolt holes, or caulk the hole before pushing the bolt through? I'm concerned about water seaping through these holes and rotting the wood in the transom. An o-ring between the platform and transom might work? Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used 5200 in the past to secure and seal loose cover screws. It holds really well, but is messy to work with. You can do both the screw and the hole, have a wet rag ready for any clean up.