Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Got a ride, Finally! >

Got a ride, Finally!

Notices

Got a ride, Finally!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what mine was doing. Going to the Bravo will eliminate that at WOT. Like i said, you can push it all the forward and start trimming and it won't bounce...you will blow out first.

At cruising will pick up and few mph at the same rpm which equals better fuel economy which is a plus. Plus it didn't want to get the Baja bounce if you over trimmed.

I had the 496 Mag 375hp and went with the Bravo 22p. It was just right as i could turn the required rpms and it wouldn't hit the rev limiter. I was just under by 100 or so rpms.

With you having the HO, I would probably try the 24p Bravo 1.

The Bravo 1 made a would of difference on my boat....I thought it performed better all around. I didn't really care about the couple of mph lost on top end. Most other boats were out running me anyways except when it got rough.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by boatntrkr
65 mph on GPS at 5100 RPMs.....If i trim it up a little (barely to the 1/4 trim mark on the gauge) it starts to bounce up and down and sometimes side to side. when it started doing that I just backed out of it..

It seems to be happy cruising at about 3500 or 3600 and 40mph.

ok, so i appoligize..idiot moment....it has a 23P mirage plus on it now...I just glanced at it before and thought it said 26P....sorry everyone.
Sounds like you are set up pretty close. Get the prop lab finnished, have them put the "Baja Cup" or "Double Cup" on the tips. That will help hold the bow up and be easier to drive. It should also knock about 100RPM off and lower prop slip.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help everyone, i'll look into getting a bravo prop and go from there. just not sure when i'll be home next for testing.