My new 26' OUTLAW >

My new 26' OUTLAW

Notices

My new 26' OUTLAW

Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the 26 club!

Do your research... there is a ton on information out there and everyone has an opinion (right and wrong). If you do anything just make sure you do it right and don't plan on thinking you'll make money or even break even for that matter. But if it is what you want then start talking to others and reading.

Have fun and good luck with her!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Welcome to the 26 club!

Do your research... there is a ton on information out there and everyone has an opinion (right and wrong). If you do anything just make sure you do it right and don't plan on thinking you'll make money or even break even for that matter. But if it is what you want then start talking to others and reading.

Rick, how is your project going? Be sure to update your post.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

Very nice boat! If I remember it was For Sale for awhile wasn't it? Can't beat an OUTLAW!
Old 05-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeffswav
I know a few people with that boat, it has a better ride than the 25OL but it is slower. Most of them seem to run about 63 so I think you are close on speed.
What prop are you running?
I would leave it alone and enjoy your boating, do not get caught up in the speed bug. Those of us that have it are constantly trying to go faster and are never satisfied. My boat ran 55 stock now I have it up to 74, still not satisfied. There are guys on here that run 100MPH and still not happy. There is always a faster boat, accept it and you will be alot happier.
Yep
Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Rick, how is your project going? Be sure to update your post.
It is going well for the most part. I just noticed my drive oil line fitting had a small crack in it! Glad I found it now rather after noticing an oil slick. Hopefully the 4200 will be at the door today so I can get the extension box on this afternoon.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
Find a friend that will loan you a -2 shortie and see if your speed increases. 50/50 chance that it will. My 27 boss got real happy when i went to the shortie.
What exactly is a -2 shorty?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

I know a few people with that boat, it has a better ride than the 25OL but it is slower. Most of them seem to run about 63 so I think you are close on speed.
What prop are you running?
I would leave it alone and enjoy your boating, do not get caught up in the speed bug. Those of us that have it are constantly trying to go faster and are never satisfied. My boat ran 55 stock now I have it up to 74, still not satisfied. There are guys on here that run 100MPH and still not happy. There is always a faster boat, accept it and you will be alot happier.
I agree with you! I am very happy, but I just wanna be closer to 70.
I
m running a stock 23 3-blade
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Agreed....but..

You could do one of these and sell your engine to recover some of the expence..
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o39255-en.html

Sell your HO for around $9000.00 which I believe is doable because of the low hours and you may be only out $4000-$5000.00 tops.
Id prefer to stick with my engine just cause I know where it has been, and only has 50HRS!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Welcome to the 26 club!

Ive been trying to do reserch, but there were only 190 26' outlaws made!

Anyone know what the best prop is for her?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 95outlaw
Very nice boat! If I remember it was For Sale for awhile wasn't it? Can't beat an OUTLAW!
Ya I bought it out of Oregon. Took a long time to get the deal done, but now she is here in Pittsburgh!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.