Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
My new 26' OUTLAW >

My new 26' OUTLAW

Notices

My new 26' OUTLAW

Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i see you are in jackets and hats etc so be prepared to slow down in july.

is it a 23p mir prop? if so you should call hydromotive and give them the boat info and buy a 4 blade labed from them. the boat will not gain much on top. probably 1 maybe 2 at the very most, however the cruz speed vs rpm will go up a ton!!!

i tested a few props on my dads boat, its the same as yours. 08 with 496 ho. nice boat for sure, very solid and handles great. not super fast but a very nice over all boat for sure.
we tested his with the stock 23p on it, loaded up with 3 people and 3/4 fuel on a warm day fresh water and saw around 59-61 at around 5000 rpm. cruz speed at around 3600 rpm was like 39mph

we swapped to a 22p bravo 1 4 blade stock prop and got pretty much the same top end (saw 62 a couple times) however it hit rev limiter but cruz speed at 3600 went up to 41-42 mph

then went to stock 24 p 4 blade. top speed was 62-63 however it was only running around 4600-4700 rpm and cruz speed went to 45-46 mph at 3600 rpm!!

hope to test the same 24p but labbed on the boat this year. if i do i will let you know the out come.

but we run the 22 on it now so we dont lug the motor and as long as she trims out nice it only hits rev lim on those cold days with low fuel.

good luck, hope this helps.

ps. dont waist your money on mods. cam, intake work, head work and exhaust will cost $10k or more, hinder the reliability of the motor and you will see maybe 2-3 mph. lol

not worth it.

however if you do go for a 500 or 525 swap please let me know, i would be interested in your 496 ho.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

for what its worth also. not sure how sorty will work on this boat, it is not the same hull as the 25 and to me seams to blow out the 3 blade prop a bit, id be afraid to put a shorty on it.
maybe with the box, but not sure on just the shorty
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
ps. dont waist your money on mods. cam, intake work, head work and exhaust will cost $10k or more, hinder the reliability of the motor and you will see maybe 2-3 mph. lol

Unless you go with a Raylar BCK-103 or BCK-106.....definately more than a 2-3 MPH gain.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
well i see you are in jackets and hats etc so be prepared to slow down in july.

is it a 23p mir prop? if so you should call hydromotive and give them the boat info and buy a 4 blade labed from them. the boat will not gain much on top. probably 1 maybe 2 at the very most, however the cruz speed vs rpm will go up a ton!!!

i tested a few props on my dads boat, its the same as yours. 08 with 496 ho. nice boat for sure, very solid and handles great. not super fast but a very nice over all boat for sure.
we tested his with the stock 23p on it, loaded up with 3 people and 3/4 fuel on a warm day fresh water and saw around 59-61 at around 5000 rpm. cruz speed at around 3600 rpm was like 39mph

we swapped to a 22p bravo 1 4 blade stock prop and got pretty much the same top end (saw 62 a couple times) however it hit rev limiter but cruz speed at 3600 went up to 41-42 mph

then went to stock 24 p 4 blade. top speed was 62-63 however it was only running around 4600-4700 rpm and cruz speed went to 45-46 mph at 3600 rpm!!

hope to test the same 24p but labbed on the boat this year. if i do i will let you know the out come.

but we run the 22 on it now so we dont lug the motor and as long as she trims out nice it only hits rev lim on those cold days with low fuel.

good luck, hope this helps.

not worth it.

however if you do go for a 500 or 525 swap please let me know, i would be interested in your 496 ho.
Thanks for the info!

Yes I have a 3-blade 23 pitch on her now. I do have access to try a 24p 4-blade. I guess that sounds like a better prop for her. Then if I get it labbed it might get me a nice little increase 3-4mph maybe?

Anyone have one of these props for sale?

So you people are against a whipple blower, or Raylar kit? Which is more reliable?

Last edited by bavboym3; 05-11-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bavboym3
So you people are against a whipple blower, or Raylar kit? Which is more reliable?
I guess it depends on set up and use on which is better. The few people I know with blown engines have been bad experiences with the exception of a few, Jason Smith, being one of the good experiences. As for the Raylar, if set up right it can be very dependable. The weak link with it seems to be the stock pistons and even then there have only been a handful of failures. I cannot give you any reliable numbers on my Raylar BCK-106 yet as this is the first year with it but stay tuned.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Thanks for the info!

Yes I have a 3-blade 23 pitch on her now. I do have access to try a 24p 4-blade. I guess that sounds like a better prop for her. Then if I get it labbed it might get me a nice little increase 3-4mph maybe?

Anyone have one of these props for sale?

You are far more likely to destroy a piston with the Whipple than the Raylar kit. The stock pistons are the weak link in either application. You are more likely to run into detonation with the Whipple. That said, there are some that have had good luck with the Whipple running stock pistons.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 05-11-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For a 496, I would go Raylar. It's a proven package that is extremely reliable. I can't recall hearing/reading of any failures with the 103 kit which takes a 496 mag or HO and turns it into a 525hp motor.
The one complaint I have with the Raylar kit is it tends to run on the rich side, from the ones I've seen. Other than that I think that is the way to go for a 496.
Supercharging is a whole different animal with the 496. Without forged pistons I wouldn't want to put a belt-driven air-cleaner on my motor. The 496 doesn't have forged pistons.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
For a 496, I would go Raylar. It's a proven package that is extremely reliable. I can't recall hearing/reading of any failures with the 103 kit which takes a 496 mag or HO and turns it into a 525hp motor.
The one complaint I have with the Raylar kit is it tends to run on the rich side, from the ones I've seen. Other than that I think that is the way to go for a 496.
Supercharging is a whole different animal with the 496. Without forged pistons I wouldn't want to put a belt-driven air-cleaner on my motor. The 496 doesn't have forged pistons.
This is good advice thanks! Isn't rich better then being lean? Maybe that's why its a safer option.

Im just gonna try to find a 4-blade 24 pitch bravo prob for now, and get it labbed.

Anyone got one laying around? Or want to trade for a 23 3-blade?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

Im just gonna try to find a 4-blade 24 pitch bravo prob for now, and get it labbed.
Before you buy the B! 24P, read thru this thread....he tries alot of props and gives out good information. It might go off topic here and there but overall its a good read.

http://www.teambajamarine.com/forum/...3&page=1&pp=15
Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Before you buy the B! 24P, read thru this thread....he tries alot of props and gives out good information. It might go off topic here and there but overall its a good read.

http://www.teambajamarine.com/forum/...3&page=1&pp=15
You're gonna get banned.......
Remember Fake has the site locked down so you have to register to see anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.