24 Outlaw Top Speed >

24 Outlaw Top Speed

Notices

24 Outlaw Top Speed

Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGSLOW
My buddy before he was killed had a 1992 24 OL with a 635 HP 540 c.i. Saw low 80's in that multiple times.
Sorry about your friend,
Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
Bob Madera set up my engine. was 502 mag carb. .30 over now 509. heads have rough edges removed and gasket matched. custom cam by bob. dart single plane. 9.3:1 comp bob je pistons, isky and all the good stuff. with a holley 800 on top. she is strong. bob said my peak power is 5600rpm and that is where i run it and that is what she does. smooth water she runs 71 72. rough like 1 foot chop or a little more 73 74. have barely tripped 75 once on gps and it went 75.1 and then back down after a bit to 74.8. She does very well! and the bravo prop is ok... has a hard time carrying the bow though. like the mirage better.
My bad. I took that as a 540 with 550hp. You can accidentally make 600hp with a 540ci block as long as your heads/valvetrain aren't total poop.

Bob has been awesome to me over the last 4 months. He is the definition of customer service. More than I can say for Dyno-flo. Pro-Systems and AFR have been great as well.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered

well i can throw all this out the window. LOl its new cam time. had the rocker stuf on the exhaust break, and then collapsed two lifters and wiped the lobe. so im going with a bigger cam and roller lifters. along with getting it dynoed before going back in. so should easily be able to have a much better top end speed
Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spark plug
well i can throw all this out the window. LOl its new cam time. had the rocker stuf on the exhaust break, and then collapsed two lifters and wiped the lobe. so im going with a bigger cam and roller lifters. along with getting it dynoed before going back in. so should easily be able to have a much better top end speed
Call Bob Madera. You won't regret it.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by arandaz
My bad. I took that as a 540 with 550hp. You can accidentally make 600hp with a 540ci block as long as your heads/valvetrain aren't total poop.

Bob has been awesome to me over the last 4 months. He is the definition of customer service. More than I can say for Dyno-flo. Pro-Systems and AFR have been great as well.

Bob is certainly top notch. I know that i have the best of the best in a mild engine setup and the power is awesome. Once you get to know your OL and set her up right you can squeeze the last 1or 2 mph out of it.

But, I have the gear needed and nothing more. I do not have a single thing in the cuddy including the cushions. i sotre my gear to the back and when im light and the water is right that olde girl can fly. She hates smooth/glass water with a passion though.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

Call Bob Madera. You won't regret it.
+1 million billoin trillion. He is the best and he knows his stuff.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
Bob is certainly top notch. I know that i have the best of the best in a mild engine setup and the power is awesome. Once you get to know your OL and set her up right you can squeeze the last 1or 2 mph out of it.

But, I have the gear needed and nothing more. I do not have a single thing in the cuddy including the cushions. i sotre my gear to the back and when im light and the water is right that olde girl can fly. She hates smooth/glass water with a passion though.
He designed my whole top end including new 305 AFR CNC aluminum heads + a pro systems carb sponsor + a daytona ignition. It hasn't run well thus far because of first carb problems (old one was set up for blower that used avgas) and now we think ignition (idle is fouling plugs with the thunderbolt). I get the daytona in the mail today and hopefully tomorrow I have a 85+ mph boat. I won't push much beyond that with a standard bravo.

regardless, if this doesn't work and my rings are screwed, im pulling the motor and sinking the mother finger
Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

He designed my whole top end including new 305 AFR CNC aluminum heads + a pro systems carb sponsor + a daytona ignition. It hasn't run well thus far because of first carb problems (old one was set up for blower that used avgas) and now we think ignition (idle is fouling plugs with the thunderbolt). I get the daytona in the mail today and hopefully tomorrow I have a 85+ mph boat. I won't push much beyond that with a standard bravo.

regardless, if this doesn't work and my rings are screwed, im pulling the motor and sinking the mother finger
yeah, bob likes those (cant spell) napier ring sets, he enstilled the fear in me that without proper break in they would not seat. and i didnt look at my cam card and it has a swap firing order. after loosing eyebrows and talking to bob i got her. and they still seated. i hope yours do too. but i tell ya what. mine dosent burn a drop of oil. dont the stock merc 502s claim to burn quite a bit? when mine was foctory it was good for a quart almost every weekend out .
Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

i ordered my cam kit the other day. this is what i got http://www.cpperformance.com/p-11622...ifter-kit.aspx

its one step from my stock cam, and its a roller. Not going too crazy with. just a simple cam swap.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered

My 502 doesn't burn any oil. However it likes to leak it out of the oil cooler. And I can't get the fittings any tighter....oh well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.