Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would buy a diffrent boat.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
What numbers did Rik give you speed wise?
We didn't discuss speeds, just price. It was mid 40's compared to mid 20's for a pair of surface drives -vs- Bmax drives.
Early last month I'd reached a deal with a seller of a pair of brand new dyno time only supercharged 540 dart engines from Rehrer Morrison with Richard Lee computer controlled fuel injection and all the accessories necessary for an install. He had them here on OSO very briefly for 30k for everything. I got him down to 25 but could only round up half the purchase price on the spot and needed 30 days to fullfill the balance. He took another offer for 3k more than I offered and his buyer closed on the spot.
I was going to install them with Bmax's for 50k after I rounded up the money for the drives.
I know I'll be hard pressed to find another deal like this, all his receipts totalled well over 70k and he was selling ASAP due to a family medical emergency.
Congrats to the OSO member who scored them.

Originally Posted by Donzi Dude
I would buy a different boat.
LMAO

Thanks, this really is true and I know it, LOL !!!
I was blessed to find my boat and score it at a good price.
She has great factory history and IMO warrants a better powertrain for more speed if it comes in within a reasonable
cost.
Here's a link to my thread while researching the boat.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...know-boat.html
I really do appreciate the reality check you offered me.
Members like yourself pointing out the truth is why I love this site

See ya,
Kelly
Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Now a set of Bmax drives are useually a bit slower than standard XR's. More weight, parasitic loss ect. Let's say when running 70 with XR's and then lose 1-2 mph by running Bmax's
I guarantee you will lose more than 1-2 mph with BMax drives but they can handle alot of HP.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I guarantee you will lose more than 1-2 mph with BMax drives but they can handle alot of HP.
Just being conservative. Trying not offend anyone.
They still run the xr lower junk gears thou.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 08-15-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep the boat stock and buy a bass boat to get your speed fix. Go out early in the morning when the water is smooth. Then take the big boat out when the water is rough and don't worry about top speed.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Keep the boat stock and buy a bass boat to get your speed fix. Go out early in the morning when the water is smooth. Then take the big boat out when the water is rough and don't worry about top speed.
+++++++++++++++++++++++ 1
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
+++++++++++++++++++++++ 1
I thought somone would like that one........ LOL
Old 08-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Kelly - Going to revive this old thread... Did you ever do anything with the power in your boat. I ask as I am in the same boat as you so to speak. If you recall, I have 540/250 combo's in my 38 turning 4 blade 28's. So far we have achived a top speed of 74mph @5000rpm. Although I am happy with this number, I kinda expected a little more. Thoughts?
Old 08-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I rigged one last year with 600hp 502's. It ran about 72. This is not the boat to go chasing speed numbers with. You will spend a fortune to get 78-80 out of it. You'll need 7-750hp minimum.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would think Juan's motors are in the low 700hp range, I am surprised to here that a boat with 575hp from Baja runs 74mph and a boat with 600hp runs 72mph (basically the same not doubting the numbers) and when we ran Juan’s this past Sunday we got 74mph at 5000rpm with approx. 700hp. Of course it could have been driver error (as I was driving) but I was trimming this think to the moon ( well past the top of the trim indicators) and it made very little difference from midway on up. I never blew the props out or anything but it didn’t change the bow pitch much either. i was wondering if anyone knew what the optimum X dimension was for this hull?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.