prochargers good or bad

Notices

prochargers good or bad

Old 12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
you have a nice loking boat, do you have more pictures?
Thanks! It's not bad for a cruiser I flirt with 70 MPH.
Attached Thumbnails prochargers good or bad-bezels3.jpg   prochargers good or bad-cabin1.jpg   prochargers good or bad-stb.jpg  

prochargers good or bad-top2.jpg   prochargers good or bad-top.jpg  

Last edited by Baja_342; 12-09-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_342
very nice looking boat, very big too, hate to be at the gas pump with u. i am happy with my boat just trying to find out as much as possible about the engine. to bad the guy i bought it from knew nothing, and i had to contact original owner to find out stuff, he said the boat will do 80 mph all day that is fast enough for me, at least in a boat you can use the speed not like a car except going aroun d a track
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered

fastest i have had mine up to was 78 mph, with the mechanic, he said it had more trim to come up and we could play with the trim tabs too and it will definitly do 80, so the original owner wasn't lieing about the speed, i saw the speedometer at 78, but the back end was walking around alittle, so 80 to 85 is dueable, not that i will be doing it all the time
Old 12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Sounds like a sweet boat you got!!

I love my Prochargers!

Since you already have the boat just maintain it better then normal and you will be fine. IMO a supercharged engine askes for more out of the engine so just treat it better.

Simple...

Let it warm up before running hard, apply the power smooth and un-apply it smooth also, let the engine cool down before turning it off. Change the fluids more often with higher quality oils and filters. (aprox every 20 hours).

Agreed, you must upgrade to dual hydraulic steering.

Change your drive fluid more often with quality fluid like the bravo shop oil. You will eventually need to upgrade drives.

I turn a TON of HP with my prochargers. I have NEVER lost a belt, even after running 50 hours in a summer! A supercharger is a supercharger, any or them set up good or bad will be good or bad.

Nothing beats a turbo though. Thats why all Semi's use them, all diesels, and pretty soon all Mercury engines! LOL!

But since you and I already have prochargers lets enjoy the Chit out of them!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

WOW! I like!

Your boat looks a lot better in these pics then your avitar, but then again my cheap azz non paying member can not enlarge your avitar!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys. You run ahead, find a good spot to tie up and get the beer cold. Ill catch up eventually
Old 12-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
thanks for the info, on other threads, all i heard were terrible things about these superchargers, it has a m1 procharger
setup, setup, setup.

make sure setup is correct. Fuel system is correct and then sit back and enjoy.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Registered

Default thanks

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

I love my Prochargers!

Since you already have the boat just maintain it better then normal and you will be fine. IMO a supercharged engine askes for more out of the engine so just treat it better.

Simple...

Let it warm up before running hard, apply the power smooth and un-apply it smooth also, let the engine cool down before turning it off. Change the fluids more often with higher quality oils and filters. (aprox every 20 hours).

Change your drive fluid more often with quality fluid like the bravo shop oil. You will eventually need to upgrade drives.

I turn a TON of HP with my prochargers. I have NEVER lost a belt, even after running 50 hours in a summer! A supercharger is a supercharger, any or them set up good or bad will be good or bad.

Nothing beats a turbo though. Thats why all Semi's use them, all diesels, and pretty soon all Mercury engines! LOL!

Thank you for the info. I will definitly take extra csre and make sure my mechanic is keeping a better eye on it. I always had my old boat serviced twice a year, winterized and summerized, and didn't spare any expense to taking care of it. If you have any other good advice, please send it my way. I am new to this type of boating and am glad to get any good advice.

thanks

jj
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 AM
Registered

Default thank you

Originally Posted by Turbojack
setup, setup, setup.

make sure setup is correct. Fuel system is correct and then sit back and enjoy.
I will do all of the above. I am going to take it to a race shop in the spring to make sure everything is up to snuff and find out how to take care of it better. Thanks for the info, any other comments , i would be glad to read

thanks

jj
Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Registered

Default thanks

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

I love my Prochargers!

Simple...

I will definitely be babying the boat. I won't be racing it. Just going fast once in a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.