25' Outlaw setup tinkering >

25' Outlaw setup tinkering

Notices

25' Outlaw setup tinkering

Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
I agree with the steering. i had the same issue with my boat. it would line walk alittle at 75mph. I am installing as soon as it is out of storage full imco hydraulic steering. The steering will run you about $3885. i was told by imco engineer, that you are better off with full hydraulic for a few reason. You bipass the tiller arm, which is probably going to be shot in your boat becasue of the power, Also if the steering fails with full hydraulic, you won't lose steering if it fails ( it will just turn like an old tractor). Add on hydraulic or regular steering is bad becasue if it fails the outdrive will flopp to one side and spin you around and you will be flying out of the boat. Plus a regular steering cable won't last long, also it will wear out your g bearing and other components quicker.

I can wait to try it out. I like the info I got from the salesmen about the product compared to lathem brand . Lathem wants 5000$ for the same set up
$3885 for full IMCO isn't bad.....where are you buying this from?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Registered

Default steering $$

Originally Posted by WildRooster
$3885 for full IMCO isn't bad.....where are you buying this from?
I am buying it straight from imco the company. The steering parts are in the las vegas location. No sales tax. He tolde about 85$ to ship it to buffalo ny, where i live. This price includes all the hardware and enough hose for your boat. They send you enough hose he said. Also the lines, not sure whick ones he is talking about are stainless steel instead of a cheaper hose lathem uses. Also they stand behind there product and they are built suitable to hook up to the bajas. The engineer siad that if it does fail, At most it would cost 150$ to rebuild it. The parts to me sound better than the parts other company uses. And a little cheaper. Lathem system for my boat (single ram full hydraulic) plus tilt , and you must purchase the hoses separatly runs 5000$ plus tax and shipping

My system singel hydraulic with tilt steering and all harware is like 3880, and i included the shipping. I might be a couple dollars off but it is below 3900 with the shipping. The engineer said it is about a day and 1/2 labor if a marina does it. He said it is one of the best investments for the boat for safty and reliability besides the cooler or fridgerator for the beer.

the web site is www.imcomarine.com .

one other things. You have to know about your power steering pump why type and year it is. Because it will dictate what type of fitting he will send you. it has to do with the type of metal for one of the fittings on the pumps or something not sure, but when you order he will probably ask you, so you may need access to your boat. They will send you drawings and instuctions for instalation. good luck. i will be ordering mine sometime in april
Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

i added hydraulic assit steering to mine. Used the Mayfair kit. and had it installed locally. Overall been very happy with it. Amazing how much better it feels with it. got about 2g in the setup. Eventually id like to upgrade to the full hydraulic. but got a few other things i wanna spend money on first.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

Measured my X dimension....-7.5 to -8....what is normal/average for our boats? That seems pretty deep.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

I added single IMCO hydro ram to mine and it made the steering feel like a different boat. $1600 plus install. I am running labbed 33 4 blade with 800HP. Only had in water a couple of times and still tinkering. Going to check my prop shaft measurement this week.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IN25Outlaw
I added single IMCO hydro ram to mine and it made the steering feel like a different boat. $1600 plus install. I am running labbed 33 4 blade with 800HP. Only had in water a couple of times and still tinkering. Going to check my prop shaft measurement this week.
Was that add-on for that price?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by violator
Was that add-on for that price?
Correct. Add-on.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by IN25Outlaw
Where does the hose go for cooling your top cap?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

Anybody have an opinion on a -7.5 to -8 x dimension? Is that normal for a factory setup? That seems really deep....
Old 04-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7.5 is where mine is Chaz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.