Notices

35 OL's

Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

All the 405's were recalled and all were fixed. I have not heard of any problems since then with the problems reoccurring.

I have been around a number of 35's, most have seen some small crack issues but easily fixed.(they were in the dash area) Everyone I know that has one, loves the boat. Even in the Stringer boats I have seen some cracking, so it is not just the liner boats. LOTO is one of the "roughest" places to boat on a heavy weekend, they take a pounding. Seems a light stress crack is just part of the "wear" of the hulls.

My past boats, the 25,33 and 40 all experiences a light amount of cracking, all were easily fixed and never came back. It was always in the dash or driver foot area, and note, all 3 were stringer boats. I will state all the crack's happened in the first year so it was fixed under warranty.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

You are 100% correct Brian...they all have some sort of stressing etc...it is only natural. My concern is/was with the rigidity of the structure of the hull on the boat(s) that may or may not have had issues. Anything that flexes will stress at some point. Buying anything used is taking a risk...just how much more risk would you assume is the question. Now no, I'm not going out racing or hammering 10'ers @ 4 sec. in the gulf or dropping 1500 KE's in it (as nice as that would be)...but overall just would want to be comfy with the purchase and not scared I bought someone elses issue.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I dont think at this point you have to worry. Seemed like all the "issue" boats were taken care of in the first few months they were delivered.

I am aware of a few redo's and If I am not mistaken, the really bad ones got new hulls and were re-rigged with the old drive lines.

But think about it, it has now been at least 3+ years since any 35's were made. If there was a problem it would have reared it's ugly head by now.

I think the most important thing to do if you are looking at ANY boat is get it surveyed. You will know what issues there are and what you will be getting.

Bottom line, if you are that uncomfortable before hand, there is numerous brands to choose from, not just Baja. I really enjoyed my Baja's over the years, great boat for the money.... Do I have my eye set on something different for the future? Maybe... But they look alot like a Baja or is it the Baja looks alot like it... Either way, unfortunately there is a price point difference...
Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

Just as I used to say when I sold them..."Dollar for dollar bang for the buck you won't beat a Baja or the Baja family". That was the one mistake I made when I bought this 29 was I didn't have it surveyed... If so things might have been different as I spent thousands getting it running and some cosmetic things...now that it runs and looks great (IMO) it's time to move on even though we like the 29...just want bigger.

Quick funny note... Our old Poker Run 35 with 525's just showed up in the classifieds here...just too rich for my beer pocket.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Sweet looking Paintjob ED!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you looked at the one PBC has listed? It's "treated's" boat off MWBP. Vert nice boat that has been at LOTO it's whole life and looks new. Great price too.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

Thanks Redbud... that is the boat in question....
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Just as I used to say when I sold them..."Dollar for dollar bang for the buck you won't beat a Baja or the Baja family". That was the one mistake I made when I bought this 29 was I didn't have it surveyed... If so things might have been different as I spent thousands getting it running and some cosmetic things...now that it runs and looks great (IMO) it's time to move on even though we like the 29...just want bigger.

Quick funny note... Our old Poker Run 35 with 525's just showed up in the classifieds here...just too rich for my beer pocket.
Dave, this guy kept it on a lift a PK. Used to see this boat alot when we went to PK all the time..
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave- Good luck on your quest bud!!! I loved the 35 also as you know.
I would definatley look for one with blue pwr. Not that 80mph would be flying with 525's.......
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 Outlaw

Ive owned 3-36 outlaws -99-02 models ,1- 33 Outlaw 06 model and 1- 35 Outlaw 06 model and in my opinion there's no comparision to the ride of the 36 outlaw.It seems so much firmer and doesn't have the flex issues that my 35 had.I could run across ky lake in 3 to 4 foot swells and drink a beer with out spilling a drop.There's more headroom in the cuddy,larger v-berth and the cockpit is nice and roomy.I do miss the bow anchor compartment and the split shifter set up.My 35 would beat you to death and you could forget about trying to drink a beer in those types of conditions..You could look down in the cabin area with the hatch door open and see the hull flexing when running in rough water.The lay out and the lines of the boat was great for sure but the chipper gun fiberglass application and liner hull was the cheap way to go.It's hard to beat a stringer built hull.Good luck with your decision..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.