Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
265 DVX new graphics, PICS >

265 DVX new graphics, PICS

Notices

265 DVX new graphics, PICS

Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Well guys here is what I came up with. Ill up date once it is done. Only one small touch up. The black & gray shadow around the bottom of the "B" needs to be a little lower. But very minor.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great but I have to admit that I liked the "torn paper" look on the lower edge from your earlier post that you did in paint.

What a striking remake. Carry on!

Dan
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 92nsx
Well guys here is what I came up with. Ill up date once it is done. Only one small touch up. The black & gray shadow around the bottom of the "B" needs to be a little lower. But very minor.

I like this last version the best. Updated, yet not over-the top.

Very clean and sharp.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Thank you. Ya I wanted to go for more of a "smooth & clean" look with more modern graphic. Nothing to over the top due to $1100 budget. Also wanted to include some Teal color to tie into the rest of the boat.

Ken, it must be a tight fit under the hatch with twin's! We have pretty much the same hull! You have a link to any photos for your boat?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

92, does your boat currently have any graphics on it, or is it plain white? If plain white, you are one lucky devil, because I am going crazy trying to work around the gel graphics on mine. Personally, I would still move the "Baja" logo further back, or maybe eliminate it altogether and just go with some cool looking graphics. I was going to do something similar to mine, but now I am having second thoughts. If you are doing a wrap, the sky's the limit on the cool looking graphics that you could do. What you have is not bad, but if I was spending the money I would want to set my boat apart from the crowd of other newer Baja's with the same script logo on the side. That's just my personal thoughts - of course it's your boat.

Here is the thread on mine. Still have not done it - motor has to come out first.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-decide-3.html
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered

Yep currently it is all white except the bow strip. The around goes this boat went back to Baja in 1994 for new power (502 mpi) and new graphics. Witch the old colors (by port windows and what not) was also painted/gelled over white. As for moving the Baja back more it can be done but then takes away from the graphic being used. Tried once and didn't look to good .....

Pics of all white 265 ( still needs to be scrubbing to remove this years water stains/marks before new graphics)

Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Thank you. Ya I wanted to go for more of a "smooth & clean" look with more modern graphic. Nothing to over the top due to $1100 budget. Also wanted to include some Teal color to tie into the rest of the boat.

Ken, it must be a tight fit under the hatch with twin's! We have pretty much the same hull! You have a link to any photos for your boat?

I have enough room under the hatch for the camper tops and ropes!

I have a system that allows me to remove the back seat in 15 minutes, so when work or maintenance comes around, I don't have to play Houdini.

... and I prefer your bow rail...
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Yep our boats are pretty much the same except for the swim deck and bow rail. If you happen to ever stumbling across a starboard bow rail for mine let me know.... Mine is bent

Just wondering for comparison, whats your top speed with twins? I ran 56-57 on gps with compression all over the map( head gaskets bad) on my 502. I already have the head off and thinking I should should run 62-64 next supper on a 25p wheel
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenthegreenkeeper

I have enough room under the hatch for the camper tops and ropes!

I have a system that allows me to remove the back seat in 15 minutes, so when work or maintenance comes around, I don't have to play Houdini.

... and I prefer your bow rail...
Ken, that is a nice looking old school 265! My 235 is an 88, and it had the teak platform on the back when I got it. I bought a used fiberglass platform off of a mid-90's Bandit, and it really updated the look of the boat. Much nicer not having to worry about teak oil or jamming a toe in the cracks between the boards.

And yes, I am in full agreement that a set of lower bow rails that terminate on each side would be nice. It is a bear to jump onto the front of mine when I have it beached on the river.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

Just wondering for comparison, whats your top speed with twins? I ran 56-57 on gps with compression all over the map( head gaskets bad) on my 502. I already have the head off and thinking I should should run 62-64 next supper on a 25p wheel
Well, let's just say the wife isn't into "performance boating." I'm second owner, got it with 20" screws, and "she who must be obeyed" does not see the purpose of $1000.00 in props.

It came from the dealer with 23s. I have, on brief occasions, turn the motors at 5400 rpms. They are stamped 4200-4600. I would like to turn them at 4800.

So, what kind of speed? The "wishometer" once read 70. No way. Last year, with a weekend's worth of gear, full fuel, and an extra family on board, we saw 54 mph on the wife's cell phone gps.

Once, while alone and fairly empty, I an along side my buddy's 272 with a 502. He certainly didn't "walk away" from me, but he had more.

Someday, I would like to set the boat up right and satisfy my curiosity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.