what type of fuel pressure do i need at idel speeed in neutral
for a 502 w a m1procharger

or just in gear what pressure do i need, i am runnin about
6 1/2 at idel speed , or just in geast,
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a 502 procharged carb or fuel injected setup?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am guessing carbed since he only has 6 1/2 at idle injected wont even start with that low of pressure
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
i am guessing carbed since he only has 6 1/2 at idle injected wont even start with that low of pressure
Good point, I had a m1 on one of my old fuel injected motors, psi was running about 40. For that setup pro charger recommended 37 to 42 psi and i had to run a larger fuel pump and i installed a wide band afr gauge so I could see if it was running rich or lean. I'm not sure about the carb version. Conner Did you talk to pro charger to see what they recommend? I would also say that you should find out what the pressure should be under boost at wot. If it runs lean under boost then your in trouble .
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaboy217
Is this a 502 procharged carb or fuel injected setup?
carburated 502
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
you are correct carbed
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

Good point, I had a m1 on one of my old fuel injected motors, psi was running about 40. For that setup pro charger recommended 37 to 42 psi and i had to run a larger fuel pump and i installed a wide band afr gauge so I could see if it was running rich or lean. I'm not sure about the carb version. Conner Did you talk to pro charger to see what they recommend? I would also say that you should find out what the pressure should be under boost at wot. If it runs lean under boost then your in trouble .
the fuel pressure jumps up when i hit the throttle

it is nice to get good info here,, and not argue who has the best boat , but to help each other arn't we all in the same rat race
Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Registered

I think I'm running about 8 to 10 PSI at idle on mine. The fuel pressure regulator needs to be boost refrenced to increase fuel pressure as boost increases. I believe it's a 1 to 1 ratio; so, if you start at 10 PSI and 0 boost, at 5 PSI boost, you would have 15 PSI fuel pressure. This is due in part to that with Procharger-carbed systems, the carb is enclosed in a box and the fuel pressure must increased to overcome the boosted pressure in the box.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:54 AM
Registered

i will thanks
Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Tub
I think I'm running about 8 to 10 PSI at idle on mine. The fuel pressure regulator needs to be boost refrenced to increase fuel pressure as boost increases. I believe it's a 1 to 1 ratio; so, if you start at 10 PSI and 0 boost, at 5 PSI boost, you would have 15 PSI fuel pressure. This is due in part to that with Procharger-carbed systems, the carb is enclosed in a box and the fuel pressure must increased to overcome the boosted pressure in the box.

i will relay the message to my mechanic

thanks folr the info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.